The post holder will work closely work closely with Country Director to develop the communication strategy and support the identification of suitable fora for information dissemination. This will involve working closely with the MOH, USAID Indonesia, implementing partners in country, private sector hospitals and health facilities and professional organizations to advance the Quality of Care (QOC) agenda in Indonesia
Reports to: Country Director
Location : Jakarta, Indonesia
- Produce all required program reporting documents required by project and partners including weekly, quarterly and annually reports;
- Regularly update the project website with new content, images in coordination with the communications team in HQ;
- Liaise with local media and public relations officers in local partner organizations;
- Lead implementation of media and awareness strategies to build the project’s reputation and maximize the impact of project outputs and outcomes;
- Act as the main focal point for project’s communication, media relations and government relation;
- Draft and edit press releases in coordination with relevant project team and in consultation with Jhpiego Indonesia and HQ;
- Adhere to project process for managing any potentially challenging, negative or emergency communication which could damage the reputation of the project, Jhpiego or partners;
- Develop and maintain project communication with representative of USAID, Ministry of Health, private health sector partners, donor funded health programs and other key stakeholders in Indonesia
- In conjunctions with project team, create a communications plan that will meet the needs of a complex project and fulfil the requirements defined within the project document;
- Forecast potential opportunities for developing new communication material – newsletter; brochure; e-newsletter and conference displays;
- Responsible to facilitate the development of knowledge management and communication system of project;
- Responsible to provide report, presentation, literature reviews, issues for internal and external purpose;
- Produce promotional material including success stories, brochures, interviews, lessons learned and other publications and facilitate their distribution to the relevant audience’s.
- Masters in Mass Communications/ public relations/social sciences or other relevant degree from a reputed institute.
- Minimum seven years of progressive experience of working on communication related issues and at least two years with the development/health sector;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and professionalism;
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written Indonesian language; English language proficiency preferred;
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to all levels of staff and management, outside officials and agencies, and the public, expressing ideas and instructions clearly and concisely;
- Excellent time-management, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work effectively, professionally and tactfully with a diverse workforce, team leaders, senior staff, and outside companies and public agencies;
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality and accuracy;
- Competent in Microsoft office: Excel, MS word, and Power point;
- Ability to work independently and to exercise independent judgment;
- Ability to ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulate a diverse workforce
How to Apply
Please submit your application letter and CV with information of 3 referees, expected salary and details of availability to the following email address: IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.org with subject as per position.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.