The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.
SUTRI NAMA as registered with the UNFCCC aims to tackle challenges of growing urban traffic congestion and increasing urban transport related greenhouse gas emissions by transforming urban transport in Indonesia with a mix of capacity-building and investment measures provided through a national sustainable urban transport programme. SUTRI NAMA is implemented starting December 2017 with the support from the NAMA Facility through GIZ as the delivery organization.
A technical assistance component namely Indonesia Bus Rapid Transit Corridor Development Project (INDOBUS), funded by the State Secretariat of Economic Affairs of Switzerland (SECO) added to SUTRI NAMA for the development and start-up of bus rapid transit (BRT) corridors in selected pilot cities of Indonesia. The component has been working at both local and national levels in the field of BRT planning, project management support, BRT operations management, public transport funding as well as reform of the private minibus-sector towards participation in operating consortiums. At national level coordination has to be sought between the several relevant line ministries; best-practice examples / project achievements have to be documented, published and promoted for replication.
• Supporting the respective Principal Advisors and project staff on communication-related instruments and public relations (PR) issues of the projects • Providing assistance to the projects in designing comprehensive approaches on communication and PR-issues, in line with the Communication Strategy of GIZ Office Indonesia • Assisting the respective project teams in providing Capacity Development to counterpart staff on communication and PR issues, if requested (e.g. material for partners’ webpages, reports etc.) • Managing communication-related instruments of public appearance of the projects • Developing and ensuring availability of publication material needed to promote the projects • Supporting both the projects and the counterparts on key elements of document management and knowledge management • Ensuring project staff members are equipped and prepared for public appearances • Ensuring linguistic quality for projects and partner documents in English, including reports editing, lay outing, etc • Coordinating with the country office on communications-related matters • Managing company-internal communication on behalf of the projects • Supporting management in event planning and execution, publication management, media relations • Provide content and support to the Communications & PR unit of GIZ Office Indonesia for external and internal communications for key projects ‘events
1. General tasks
a. Strategic tasks
• Promoting the projects’ objectives by accompanying communication measures in close cooperation with partners;
• Development and maintenance of a concept for the projects’ internal and external communications and systematic planning for communication activities with partners (incl. defining target groups, drafting key messages);
• Coordinating, implementing and monitoring communications work (e.g. effect, content quality and quantity);
• Create and maintain the database related stakeholder and communication strategy to approach each stakeholder;
b. Cooperating with the GIZ Office Indonesia and Corporate Communications
• Following strictly guidelines and toolkits provided by the Communication & PR unit of the GIZ Office Indonesia;
• Contributing to the country-wide communication activities and publications available and/or planned;
• Delivering projects’ information by requests;
• Participating and contributing to the company-internal communicators platform (Best practise sharing, knowledge exchange, part of editorial team for country-internal media, sharing information and event announcements);
• Actively contributing to GIZ internal systems for publications and photos’ storage.
c. Coordination tasks
• Coordinating and cooperating with service providers ensuring high-quality work (e.g. consultants, agencies, photographers, trainers, writers);
• Administering and coordinating the needs for promotional items for the project.
2. PR activities of the project
• Developing and refining appropriate PR instruments for in cooperation with the partners (e.g. brochure, flyers, factsheets, standard presentation set);
• Ensuring to adhere corporate design standards assigned to project by funding party and that are agreed with the national partners;
• Contributing to GIZ Indonesia/ASEAN & Timor-Leste core publications (e.g. factsheets, website, project location map, success stories);
• Contributing social media content related to project for GIZ’s Indonesia social media accounts;
• Supporting to update the partner-owned project’s website and reports.
3. Internal Communications
• Supporting and contributing to the content internal communication platforms of GIZ Indonesia/ASEAN and GIZ Germany;
• Collecting photo related to project activities and project implementation at cities. Photo has to follow GIZ standard;
• Maintaining projects’ photo archives;
• Distributing information and materials from GIZ Office Indonesia to project staff;
• Sending product samples for GIZ Indonesia’s library and GIZ Germany publication archives;
• Developing and maintaining (if available) appropriate instruments for the project’s internal communications (e.g. emails, internal events, etc.).
• Acting as official translator for brief event or discussion with counterpart or stakeholder.
4. Media relations in close coordination with national partner and GIZ Office Indonesia
• Coordinating projects’ press activities on site in cooperation with partner institution(s) and in close coordination with the Communications & PR unit of GIZ Office Indonesia, i.e.
o Establishing and maintaining contact to the national press and regularly updating GIZ press contacts with Communications & PR unit of GIZ Office Indonesia;
o Drafting and coordinating press releases;
o Collecting and preparing tailor-made press kit for selected events;
o Liaise with the national/regional partner’s press office for distribution of press releases via partners;
o Providing a great support to press events/visits on site.
• Collecting press clippings related to project and compiling reporting’s per event/news appearance & submitting regularly to the Communications & PR Unit of the GIZ Office Indonesia;
• Providing support to the country office and drafting of preparing material for the GIZ Press Office (Headquarters) (e.g. press visits of German journalists);
• Monitoring news at media regarding project, counterpart and field of urban transport (BRT and MRV).
5. Other duties
• Contribute to the overall activities of the team and Project as required;
• Carryout any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager.
• At least Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, International Relations, Journalism, English Language or other relevant fields.
• At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of communication (media and PR work, journalism, internal communication) preferably in international context; or equivalent
• Experience in developing and implementing communication strategies and tools;
• Experience in working on project with international donors, governments, and development institutions is an asset;
• Experience in developing the documentation of processes and result platform (knowledge management);
• Knowledge on transportation topic will be an advantage;
• Proven experience with communicating complex topics in a targeted way to a broad range of stakeholders, including policy-makers;
• Fluency in writing, reading and speaking in English and Indonesian;
• Effective communication and presentation skills both English and Indonesian to mixed stakeholders;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a confident journalistic style that is suited to the target group.
Other knowledge, additional competences
• Good team player with strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Ability to adapt to an international working environment;
• Possess confidence, can-do attitude, and takes initiative proactively;
• Excellent command of ICT technologies (related software) and MS – Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a global team;
• Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Expect to join: December 2019
Direct Superior: Programme Director of SUTRI NAMA Project
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on November 10th, 2019.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: SUTRINAMA INDOBUS – Communication & PR Prof
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified