The Conversation Indonesia Research Leaders Program is looking for a communication officer. The position offered an 18-months contract.
We are looking for a candidate who will hold the position to promote, engage and manage The Conversation Research Leaders Program Communication Strategies on all platforms.
About the Conversation Indonesia
The Conversation Indonesia is a non-profit media outlet that produces and publishes evidence-based news and analysis from academics and researchers on our online platform, social media channels, and through podcasts and email newsletters. All of our content is free to read and republish. We provide training for academics to increase their capacity to become a public voice. We share knowledge from the research sector with the public to improve public debate and to promote the use of evidence in policymaking in Indonesia and the region.
Founded in 2017, we are part of a global network spread across five continents that provides a new journalism model, a unique collaboration between academics and journalists sustained through partnerships with the higher education and research sector, private philanthropy, governments, corporations, and support from readers.
About the Research Leaders Program
TCID will pilot a one-year research leadership program for 30 high-potential Indonesian emerging research leaders working in marine science, climate change, health and medicine, and community resilience to develop and amplify their talent and leadership capacities. During the program, there will be workshops, coaching, mentors, dialogues, among other activities that will ensure engagement and deepening the participants’ awareness of self and others, increasing their capacity to lead, take calibrated risks, collaborate with other scientists and diverse stakeholders, communicate and influence decision-makers and the general public, as well as strengthened their strategic thinking and innovation skills, increasing their capacity to win grants, publish articles, and build their public profile.
The program will help position TCID to better serve the needs of Indonesia’s scientific community – our source of authors. The fellowship program and our editorial work and outreach to partners in the knowledge sector will strengthen our relationship with stakeholders that share the agenda to increase Indonesia’s research impact in society.
- Follow through, implement, and improve the communication plans and strategies to promote and engage with the targeted audience
- Produce and manage high-quality content related to Research Leaders Program in The Conversation Indonesia’ social media platforms including but not limited to various articles and short videos —in collaboration with Videographer and Creative Content Creator.
- Work closely with the Program team and Communication team functions to ensure the best promotion, treatment and distribution of materials and features.
- Responsible for communications monitoring and evaluation reportings including analysis of web traffic, social media audience, and engagement
- Stay up-to-date with new digital technologies and social media best practices
- Assist program manager and officer related to communication aspects during the planning and implementation of the program
- In collaboration with the program and related stakeholders, organise promotion/communication events (science dialogue, workshop) to drive brand awareness and create long-lasting engagement.
- Ensure the communication products produced are of good quality and comply with TCID and RLP Guidelines.
- Develop and manage the communication network in national, regional, and international with relevant stakeholders.
- Responsible for media engagement and relations; media invite and press release development, media monitoring, media liaising, story pitching, and press conference implementation
- Occasionally, support the communications aspect of The Conversation Indonesia in general
- Creative, well-articulate, critical, and strategic thinking
- Self-starter and independent
- Great time management and highly organised
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Interested in the research and education sector
- Storytelling, copywriting
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Social media analytics tools
- Competency in using content creation tools
- Competency in utilizing various social media platforms
- Professional proficiency in English