Position Title : Communication Officer
Reports to : Programme Management Unit Leader
Section/Unit : Programme Management Unit
Duty Station : Bogor, Indonesia
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible to creates and delivers a variety of informational and promotional materials, events and activities concerning the program’s products and activities, initiatives and long-term vision that is distributed across a wide range of internal and external communication channels. He or she builds messages that resonates with institutional key stakeholder, effectively generating positive institutional exposure and will report to the PMU Leader, Project Coordinator and Program Communications Analyst on a regular basis. It refers to a multidisciplinary approach, initiatives and processes to achieving program objectives and strategic requirements by making the best use of knowledge assets and information also able to contribute in establishing and implementing the communication plan.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist project teams in developing, maintaining, and implementing project communication activities in close coordination with PMU Leader and Program Communication Analysts (PCA)
• Support processes for external and internal communications activities
• Identifying extension and other information needs for the range of its project stakeholders
• Collaborate in the development and implementation of its project communications strategy and liaising closely with its project staff
• Assist in contributing to writing, rewriting and editing material in Indonesian (and English) for Institutional branding and promotional materials
Facilitate project team in producing publication
• Provide input to research methods in order to develop effective communications product processes align to targeted stakeholders
• Facilitate understanding of best practice writing methods for publication production
• Assist in contributing to writing, rewriting of project publication (as needed) together with scientist involved
Facilitate project teams in conducting media monitoring
• Facilitate the development of print, audio and visual media materials as required for a range of stakeholders and a range of media, including a website, in collaboration with PCA
• Contributing to writing media releases and other public media releases in both Indonesia and English, in collaboration with scientist and PCA (and editors if necessary)
Assist project team in developing communication process with relevant stakeholders
• Assist the arrangement of developing communication processes with relevant project stakeholders
• Assist in administrative and financial record-keeping related to project communication activities together with Theme Assistant.
MINIMUM REQUIRED ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (communications, media, international relations, public policy, development, marketing, science, project management, law etc.).
MINIMUM RELEVANT WORKING EXPERIENCE
• Prior experience as a Communication Officer, journalism, advertising or related discipline.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• High proficiency in computer software applications and technology.
• Willingness to undertake frequent travel to often remote parts of Indonesia.
• Strong character, multitasking person who is able to work under pressure.
• Excellent in time management, well-organized, prioritization and organizational abilities.
• Proactive and self-motivated, able to work independently as well as in a team.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in multi-cultural teams.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and social media management
• Willing to learn new skills/knowledge related to the scope/content of the specific projects.
• Generates creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations.
• Willing to receive feedback from others.
• Has a vision to develop the organization and an intention of continuous improvement.