The Communication & Knowledge Management Officer will report to the Project Manager and Advocacy/Communications Analyst and lead the implementation of project communication plans for a project entitled “‘Leaving No One Behind’ COVID-19 Responses for Vulnerable Women and Older Persons in Indonesia”. S/he is also expected to lead the UNFPA Indonesia Country Offices’ knowledge management efforts in close coordination with relevant technical units, in generating synthesis of best practices and lessons learned, and support policy development.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The Communication & Knowledge Management Officer will lead the implementation of project communication plans, including the provision of technical support to UNFPA staff and Project Implementing Partners (IPs) in planning and developing communication activities, including publications, press release, public events, reports, social media messages, and other marketing materials. The incumbent is expected to work closely with technical officers and IPs to ensure their compliance with the Project Guidance Note on Communication and Visibility to maintain the project visibility and documentation throughout the implementation phase.
S/he is also expected to lead the UNFPA Indonesia Country Offices’ knowledge management efforts in close coordination with relevant technical units, in generating synthesis of best practices and lessons learned, and support policy development.
Tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborate with relevant programme specialists/analysts/officers to develop social media messages related to project focus and its implementation
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material such as PowerPoint and/or infographics that communicate the project activities, products and/or services
- Observe the project implementation and develop articles/news/human interest stories related to project implementation (including preparing for and conducting interviews with stakeholders/ beneficiaries)
- In collaboration with relevant programme specialists/analysts/officers, develop advocacy and IEC materials for project implementation;
- Maintain records of project communication outputs (including those of UNFPA and IPs) and media coverage for donor reporting
- Review and provide technical inputs to project deliverables (including those of UNFPA and IPs) to achieve the highest level of quality and clarity
- Assist in the dissemination of information about results and ‘lessons learned’ of continuous monitoring exercises.
- Under the Project Manager’s supervision, support the development of the final report at the end of the Project
- Support in coordination and maintain close communication with relevant organizational units on policy-driven issues; synthesis of best practices and lessons learned; and support to policy development in collaboration with other strategic partners
- Provide administrative and logistics support to the Knowledge Hub of Reproductive Health for Indonesia, including facilitation of sharing and exchange of data, information, research on reproductive health.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree (preferable) or Bachelor’s degree preferably in communications, journalism, media or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years (Master’s degree) or 6 years (Bachelor’s degree) of professional experience in public relations, communications or advocacy, with relevant experience leading high visibility communications or media projects.
- Practical experience in writing and editing skills, with strong analytical and research skills.
- Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization is an advantage
- Fluency in oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results.
- Advocacy/Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
UNFPA Work Environment
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.