The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations on behalf of the German Government. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world.
The GIZ Business Hub Indonesia / ASEAN is a project management unit within GIZ Indonesia focusing on private sector cooperation in development initiatives. Current projects under the Business Hub work directly and in cooperation with several private companies. With its main office situated at GIZ Country Office in Jakarta and a regional office in Lampung, it aims at leveraging synergies between the projects, mainstreaming the topic private sector engagement in GIZ Indonesia and enabling business development in the development sector. To support the implementation of the projects, GIZ is seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for this position.
The Communication Specialist reports to the Head of GIZ Business Hub Indonesia / ASEAN and works in close cooperation with the technical advisors of the individual projects under the Business Hub.
- Supporting the team leader of the Business Hub (BH) and project teams on communication-related instrument and public relations (PR) issues of the projects
- Providing assistance to the projects in designing comprehensive approaches on communication and PR-issues, in line with the Communication Strategy of GIZ Office Indonesia
- Managing communication-related instruments of public appearance of the projects
- Developing and ensuring availability of publication materials needed to promote the BH and projects under the BH
- Ensuring project staff members are equipped with relevant information material (Presentations, Brochures, others) for public appearances
- Coordinating with the GIZ Country Office on communications-related matters
- Supporting BH Team Leaders and other BH staff in offline and in online event planning and execution, publication management, media relations
- Supporting the Head of BH as the main contact point on the issue of digital transformation in the unit and providing assistance to the BH team members with GIZ digital environment (e.g. MS Teams, IDA platform, etc.)
- Liaising with the country office on digital-related matters
- Manage the publishing of content, report on digital services and websites, and troubleshoot problems therewith.
- Support online events and assist with editing and publishing of multimedia content
- Advising the design and management of digital interventions developed by the BH and/or the projects
In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
- Strategic tasks
- Supporting the projects’ objectives by accompanying communication measures in close cooperation with partners;
- Developing and maintaining a concept for the projects’ internal and external communications and systematic planning for communication activities with partners (incl. defining target groups, drafting key messages);
- Coordinating, implementing and monitoring communications work (e.g. effect, content quality and quantity);
- Cooperating with the GIZ Country Office Indonesia and Corporate Communications
- Following strictly guidelines and toolkits provided by the Communication & PR unit of the GIZ Office Indonesia and GIZ HQ;
- Contributing to and actively proposing measures for corporate country communications for awareness and business development purposes, incl. through contributions to internal and external channels of GIZ Indonesia & ASEAN (IDA Intranet, Internet, Social Media, Newsletters, Dialogue Forums, etc.)
- Delivering projects’ information by requests;
- Sending final design/maquette to Comm & PR for Corporate Design check before mass production;
- Sending publication/product samples for GIZ Country Office Indonesia’s library and GIZ head office publication archives;
- Participating and contributing to the GIZ Communicators Forum (Best practice sharing, knowledge exchange, sharing information and event announcements with the Comm & PR unit);
- Preparing and coordinating Social Media content for GIZ Indonesia Social Media accounts related to project/programme and specifically the Business Hub;
- Supporting Comm & PR of GIZ Indonesia in keeping the country photo archives up to date by sending good photos;
- Actively contributing to Comm & PR folder on the GIZ internal Data Management System (DMS) and IDA.
- PR activities of the project
- Developing and refining appropriate PR instruments in cooperation with the partners and other project stakeholders (e.g. brochure, flyers, factsheets, newsletter, standard presentation set, videos, etc.) in accordance with the corporate design standards;
- Preparing/maintaining a standard presentation set for every project under the BH;
- Developing (if applicable) corporate design standards for projects in accordance to the corporate design standards;
- Contributing to GIZ Indonesia/ASEAN core publications (e.g. factsheets, website, project location map, success stories);
- Coordinating and controlling quality of BH PR materials;
- Coordinating the draft / Drafting website descriptions for the GIZ.de website every half year or revise in occasions necessary and send to Comm & PR unit;
- Administering and coordinating the needs for promotional items for the project/programme;
- Organizing external events for project in cooperation with the private sector partners and national institutions;
- Supporting project events with providing conceptualizing on PR and information material;
- Liaising with the Communications & PR unit of GIZ Office Indonesia for external and internal communications for key project events;
- Cooperating with private sector partners to update the content of their project’s website and publication material;
- Maintaining programme’s/project’s photo or documentation archives;
- Contributing to social media content related to project for GIZ’s Indonesia and GIZ general social media accounts.
- Media Relations and Publicity
- Facilitating the development of content and appropriate key messages and success stories to feed relevant media channels related to the BH and its projects
- Coordinating BH’s and project‘s press activities in cooperation with project partners and in close coordination with the Communication & PR unit of GIZ Country Office;
- Drafting and coordinating press releases and other publication materials in close coordination with the Communication & PR unit of GIZ Country Office;
- Collecting and preparing tailor-made press kit for selected events
- Digital Issues support
- Maintain and manage social media channels of BH and its projects;
- Acting as Business Hub main contact point on the issue of digital transformation, including staying current with digital infrastructure and toolkits of the company;
- Liaising with Country Office Indonesia (Focal Point for Digital Transformation GIZ Indonesia) and the Headquarter (e.g. DIGITS, DSM, etc) on ICT and digital transformation issues/policies and updating Business Hub on this issue, including identifying potential synergies
- Advising the design and management of digital intervention/s developed by the Business Hub and/or the projects, including ensuring compliance with data protection regulations (Indonesian and EU) and identifying potential linkage of developed intervention/s with other projects implemented by GIZ Indonesia
- Assisting Business Hub team members with ICT-related issues, and digital environment of the company (e.g. MS Teams, MS 365 Solutions, IDA platform, etc);
- Prepare files for use online, such as images, PDFs and presentations;
- Monitoring progress on ICT system information and security, changes and updates.
- Data protection compliance
- Gain and maintain in-depth knowledge of PR, communication and knowledge management related data protection regulations applicable to GIZ, namely from EU and Indonesian law;
- In close coordination with GIZ country office and GIZ HQ develop templates and guidelines for ensuring compliance with various data protection rules;
- Build up a photo pool for all projects, under consideration of applicable data protection laws;
- Advise project staff and managers on data protection related issues.
- University Degree in relevant field of work (communications, public relations, international relations, digital media and communication)
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of communication, including digital media and PR work, internal communication preferably in international context;
- Experiences in rolling out and establishing communications activities and collaterals, including but not limited to editorial experience, writing articles, digital social media content plan, press releases, etc. (evidenced by work samples)
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Formal training or qualification – or equivalent – that demonstrates analytical skills;
- Excellent up-to-date grasp of digital technologies including a working knowledge of CMSs and HTML;
- Very good user knowledge of media and communications related software and computer applications e.g. practical MS Office applications, communication apps, graphics software, web content management;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a confident journalistic style that is suited to the target groups;
- Full proficiency in spoken and written English;
- Ability to operate within multi-sectoral and multi-cultural teams and flexibility within a rapidly changing environment and deadline;
- Ability to work in a team-setting and independently;
- Willingness to improve or acquire new skills as required by the tasks to be performed.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: 1 January 2022
Direct Supervisor: Senior Advisor Private Sector Cooperation
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including trainings and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 November 2021 with subject line BusHub – Communication & Digital Specialist.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e.: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference) – the attachments are not more than 300 KB.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified