The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with 191 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
Find out more on: www.ifrc.org
The International Federation-Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) for Indonesia and Timor Leste is looking for qualified candidate to fill the following position:
COMMUNICATION COORDINATOR (Indonesian Nationality)
Position : Communication Coordinator
Date of issue: 05-11-2018
Closing date: 18-11-2018
Duty station: Palu
Contract Duration: 6 (six) months
Category of Staff: National Staff
To support effective and coordinated disaster responses, the emergency communications coordinator will lead all relevant communication activities, in collaboration with the communications team of the PMI. The coordinator will help position the National Society as the leading, trusted humanitarian agency in the responses, and improve the visibility of the supporting role of the IFRC.
The coordinator will be responsible for:
• assessing the communications capacity and needs in country
• identifying public communication opportunities to advocate on humanitarian issues
• generating quality content
• media relations
• managing reputational risks
• ensuring consistent Red Cross and Red Crescent voice and presence
• strengthening the communications capacity of PMI.
Key responsibilities of the emergency communications coordinator are:
• With support from IFRC communications, define communication priorities, develop a communications plan, advise on public communications and act as a spokesperson with international media when required.
• Raise awareness of the immediate and long-term recovery needs of people affected by the earthquakes among key audiences, highlighting challenges and humanitarian concerns as well as milestones in the Red Cross response, and alignment with global priorities or themes.
• Monitor media mentions to generate evidence of effectiveness, manage risks (consistent with the reputational risk SOPs) and seize opportunities for communication.
• Ensure a consistent Red Cross and Red Crescent voice by providing communications leadership and sharing materials with IFRC and National Society partners.
• Produce and co-ordinate the production of people-centred and community-focused content such as press releases, photos with extended captions, videos, key messages and social media posts.
• Media liaison: Identify and support spokespeople and pitch them to the media. Maintain a media list and pitch ideas to regional and global media – broadcast, print and online.
• Facilitate visits by media, partners, donors and VIPs.
• Coordinate with the communication focal points of ICRC and external partners, as necessary.
• In collaboration with PMI, strengthen communications capacity through mentoring, coaching and training.
University degree (or equivalent relevant experience) preferably in communications, journalism, new media or a related field;
At least 5 years of experience of working in communications, journalism, public relations. Ability to independently deliver a range of compelling communications content from the field including social media content and AV materials; Proven experience of developing and executing crisis communications plans and planning for, responding to and mitigating reputational risk; Solid experience in media relations, including preferably acting as a spokesperson.
Knowledge, skills and languages
Excellent English writing skills including proven experience in drafting compelling communications content for a variety of communications channels; Self-supporting in IT; Knowledge of humanitarian affairs; Demonstrated understanding and use of social media for communications and advocacy purposes; Detail-oriented, able to multi-task, a team worker.
Competencies and values
Fluent in speaking & writing both Bahasa and English; Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability Core competencies: Communication; Collaboration and Teamwork; Judgement and Decision Making; National Society and Customer Relations; Creativity and Innovation; Building Trust
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply.