USAID Mitra Kunci Initiative
|Position||Cluster Facilitator (CF) – 3 Persons|
|Base of Operations||Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia|
|Original Level of Effort||1 Year with Possible Extended|
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transitioning countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. DAI, the contractor for the USAID Mitra Kunci Initiative, commenced implementation of the project in January 2017.
The Mitra Kunci Initiative is a five-year, $15 million, USAID-funded program implemented by DAI Global, LLC that will promote more inclusive economic growth by improving access to workforce and entrepreneurial skills for poor and vulnerable youth. The Mitra Kunci team will provide USAID project implementers and workforce stakeholders with technical support, connections, and platforms to help build a more robust and responsive workforce development ecosystem. In addition to management support, capacity building, and coordination, DAI’s technical assistance will include identifying, piloting, and scaling new workforce development approaches and innovations. The ultimate goal of USAID’s inclusive workforce development work is to connect 200,000 poor and vulnerable young Indonesians with learning and livelihood opportunities.
Task and Responsibilities:
The Cluster Facilitator (CF) is responsible for supporting Mitra Kunci to implement the project’s Employment and Economic Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (PWD) activities. The activities will be implemented in seven (7) target districts across East Java Province, in three district clusters: Cluster 1 will cover Surabaya and Sidoarjo, Cluster 2 will cover Malang and Pasuruan and Cluster 3 will cover Jember, Situbondo and Banyuwangi. Each CF will be responsible for managing one Cluster and has two primary areas of tasks and responsibilities: Provincial Program Duties and Project Management and Operation Duties.
Provincial Program Duties:
- Engage with and maintain effective relationship with partners in district/provincial governments, Mitra Kunci’s local partners at respective areas including but not limited to Disabled Persons Organizations (DPOs), local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Higher Education Institutions, private sector and media to finding solutions to the challenge of creating formal and informal employment and entrepreneurship for persons with disabilities;
- Provide technical support, guidance and management oversight to Mitra Kunci’s local partners to build partners’ capacity in the delivery and implement of Mitra Kunci supported interventions for Employment and Economic Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities at respected areas at district level;
- Assist MK’s local partners in working with districts to implement activities including but not limited to: workshops/trainings, focus group discussions, event management, multi-stakeholder meetings, consultative meetings, interpersonal communication and community outreach, etc.
Project Management and Operational Duties:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for district activities under assigned cluster and assist Project Provincial Coordinator (PPC) to manage activities in that cluster;
- In coordination with PPC and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, provide technical assistance for Mitra Kunci’s local partners in data collection and reporting in the field according to project M&E Framework and mechanism, and identifying and developing lessons learned for each district and cluster;
- Work collaboratively, openly and responsively with the East Java and Jakarta-based teams, providing and receiving support and inputs where necessary to ensure high quality and impactful interventions.
Other tasks relevant to fulfilling the objective of MITRA KUNCI as assigned by PPC.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, social science, development studies, management, or other relevant fields;
- Has minimum ten years of experience in community empowerment and development, economic empowerment, work with persons with disabilities, and/or other relevant areas;
- Has strong influencing and advocacy skills;
- Experience working and coordinating with government and local CSOs and/or DPO (Disable Persons Organization), and strong relationships with local government preferred;
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively;
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy;
- Project implementation experience with skills in planning and management preferred;
- USAID experience is an advantage;
- Fluency in written and spoken Indonesian essential; basic English proficiency an advantage;
- Experience in at least one of the following areas strongly preferred: Disabled Persons Organization (DPO), Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) with a focus on the inclusion of persons with disabilities (PWD), Positive Youth Development (PYD);
- Persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Base of Operations:
- This position will be based in Surabaya, Indonesia with frequent traveling to districts of working areas (Surabaya, Sidoarjo, Malang, Pasuruan, Jember, Banyuwangi and Situbondo) and Jakarta.
- Each CF will be responsible for managing one of the following clusters: Cluster 1 (Surabaya and Sidoarjo), Cluster 2 (Malang and Pasuruan), and Cluster 3 (Jember, Situbondo and Banyuwangi).
- Reports to Provincial Project Coordinator (PPC)