|RIMBA CORRIDOR an implementation of Presidential Decree No. 13 of 2012 on Spatial Planning of the island of Sumatra, hereinafter referred to as Corridor RIMBA. Corridor Landscape RIMBA of 3.8 million hectares includes the province of Riau, Jambi and West Sumatra and 19 Districts in it is one of the corridors of ecosystems that have been defined in the regulation. Corridor management RIMBA should reflect efforts to protect biodiversity and contribute to the improvement of protected forest areas targeted 40% of the total area of the island of Sumatra.|
From the Spatial Plan of Sumatra island, WWF Indonesia has developed a program which is an initiative of the management of ecosystem-based on spatial integration and strengthen connectivity and forest ecosystems through investment and natural capital (natural capital), biodiversity conservation and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions (GHGs) through a scheme called Green Economic Development Program RIMBA. In line with the program RIMBA developed, in early 2016 WWF Indonesia received funding support from the Millennium Challenge Account – Indonesia (MCA-I) to the Green Prosperity Project, with the concept of activities that called “Strengthening Natural Resource Management and Increasing Carbon Stocks Across Central Sumatra by Enhancing Forest Ecosystem Connectivity and Alleviating Poverty through Green Economic Development“.
Within the framework of green economic development, RIMBA Program aims to:
(1) Maintain ecosystem function in the long term;
(2) Increase humanity welfare and social justice through management practices through sustainable management and community-based;
(3) Reduce the risk of social and environmental and lack of ecological.
RIMBA-MCAI program is focus on three clusters, namely:
(a) Cluster 1: Dharmasraya (West Sumatera), Kuantan Singingi and Kampar (Riau), Tebo (Jambi).
(b) Cluster 2: Tanjung Jabung Timur and Muaro Jambi (Jambi).
(c) Cluster 3: Merangin and Kerinci (Jambi).
To support Government pledge in reducing emission to 26% this TOR is structured to hired consultants to prepare data, making report and gives advice regards to Climate Change Policy to local Government under project of RIMBA MCAI. The Consultant will work closely with the Team Leader, Coordinator Implementing and Program Manager for the collection of data and information report.
We are currently looking for position:
Climate Change Adviser
- Provide conclusions on predicted bioclimatic change on Sumatra with accurate data.
- Provide reports of climate change impact on species distributions.
- Provide high quality advice and evidence on recommendations report to relevant stakeholders to improve Government’s commitment on climate change
Report and analysis of climate change impacts’ on species distribution in Sumatra
| III. Qualification |
· A minimum of 10 years’ professional and related academic experience working on climate change policy, ecology and related economic issues. An understanding of fiscal issues related to climate change is also desirable.
· A graduate degree in environmental studies, economic/public policy and related areas is preferable.
· Understanding of the GOI policy making process and familiarity of government decision-making mechanisms.
· Experience working with high level government officials and engaging with various stakeholders in disseminating and communicating government policies.
· Excellent written communication skills with fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English (both written and oral), including advocacy and presentation skills.
IV. Contract Duration
The duration of contract is 5 months and report to project leader.