Position Reports To : Project Director
Location : Bogor District, Jawa Barat
In coordination and collaboration with key stakeholders, Jhpiego is planning to implement a model for primary health care (PHC) in Bogor District that demonstrates the effectiveness and feasibility of client-
centered, continuous and coordinated care, using child health as an entry point. Over the course of three years, Jhpiego will work with stakeholders from the community to national levels and provide technical assistance for the success of this model. By the end of the project, Jhpiego aims to provide a scalable prototype for PHC that could be expanded to additional districts and disease areas. Beyond the project period, Jhpiego expects these efforts to contribute to reduced child morbidity and mortality due to infectious diseases.
Jhpiego seeks a Child Health Specialist who will provide technical support for a Primary Health Care Project in Bogor District, Indonesia. He or she will work closely with the Senior Program Manager on the day-to-day implementation, reporting, and monitoring of the project. The Child Health Specialist will play a significant role in conducting advocacy and ensuring that the project is implemented in accordance with required quality and health standards.
- Accountable for health technical standards/ health guidance for the project implementation.
- Support the Senior Program Manager and Field Officers to successfully implement the workplan according to technical guidance and standards including training, technical assistance, monitoring and review.
- Support project staff and work with international short term technical assistance in strategy development by providing input/advice
- Support supervisor in programming including workplan development, modification, and program review.
- Lead capacity building for internal team to enable them to conduct all the health technical related aspects of their jobs.
- Lead capacity building for Puskesmas, community health workers and other relevant partners on technical aspects in coordination with Senior Program Manager.
- Provide timely report/ progress to supervisor in accuracy and completeness of information as required
- Monitor program implementation and provide feedback and review accordingly.
- Contribute to the analysis, synthesis, and reporting of project outcomes and results
- Build and maintain healthy and productive relationship with relevant stakeholders at all levels and donors including MOH, DHO, health facilities and communities.
- Lead advocacy effort starting including advocacy strategy formulation and execution at all levels (district, province and national).
- Represent the project and Jhpiego/Indonesia interests in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Join regular meetings/coordination with operations to make sure that all the technical aspects are well incorporated in implementation.
- Build and maintain coordination with the relevant internal functions to support the success of project.
- Medical doctor (pediatrician is preferable).
- At least 5 years of experience working in the technical area of child health, preferable IMCI.
- Strong knowledge on Indonesia health system at all levels and experience working around it.
- Strong knowledge of key relevant stakeholders in the area of child health and possessing good network
- Strong relationship with MOH and other relevant key stakeholders in child health (good network with DHO and key stakeholder in Bogor will be an advantage, member of pediatrician professional association preferred).
- Experience working in the area of community engagement and health promotion.
- Experience working with Puskesmas/health facilities.
- Experience working in advocacy.
- Experience in developing training materials and delivering training preferred.
- Ability to design, analyze, and be strategic in the implementation of project activities.
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills, including report writing and dissemination
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines on competing priorities
- Written and spoken fluently in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Ability to travel in Indonesia and internationally
How to Apply :
Please submit your application letter and CV with 3 referees to the following email address: IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.org with subject as per position. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- Salary Offer Negotiable