Research Triangle Institute (RTI) International is an independent organization with over 4,000 staff worldwide dedicated to conducting and providing innovative, multidisciplinary research and services that improve the human condition. The International Development Group’s (IDG) Global Health Division works in Neglected Tropical Diseases, infectious disease, including TB, HIV/AIDS, and Malaria; global health security, Heath Systems Strengthening – including Health Governance, Health Finance, Human Resources for Health, Capacity Building, and Health Policy and Advocacy; Public-Private Partnerships; and Maternal-Neonatal-Child Heath and Reproductive Health and Family Planning. We address a range of public health problems to reduce disparities, lower disease burdens, and build locally owned sustainable health programs in lower- and middle-income countries.
The Country Health Information Systems and Data Use (CHISU) program is a USAID-funded project that strengthens country capacity, leadership, and self-reliance to manage and use high-quality health information systems to improve evidence-based decision-making. CHISU strengthens health information systems, interoperable information architecture, and data use, and supports countries’ self-reliance by enhancing capacity for local leadership and engagement in every aspect of health data. Key stakeholders that CHISU works various government agencies at national level, including Pusdatin, the Digital Transformation Office, and the Ministry of Health; and at subnational levels, such as Program and Planning Unit, Civil Registration Offices, and others.
RTI IDG is seeking applicants for a Capacity Development Consultant to support the CHISU-Indonesia country program. The consultancy will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia and seated at the CHISU-Indonesia project office.
To sustain the efforts, achievements and results of the Digital Health Transformation and its impact on maternal and newborn health, TB, and Health Financing programs, it is critical that local organizations are engaged in the process to provide technical support to provincial and district governments. To support this effort, CHISU is rolling out activities in support of local partnership development that includes issuing grants to local organizations.
The Capacity Development Consultant will be responsible for supporting organizational capacity building efforts among CHISU grantee(s). The consultant LOE deliverables will be approved by the Local Partnerships Technical Advisor in the CHISU Indonesia team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist selected organizations in developing capacity development action plans with clear, achievable milestones that support their identified priorities and have the greatest organizational impact. The candidate will conduct regular check-ins with organizational leadership to understand progress, help identify roadblocks, and brainstorm adaptations to improve results. The selected candidate should understand organizational change and key drivers for changing organizational culture, management, systems, and policies.
- Support and manage the overall capacity development assistance to organizations that may span the spectrum of organizational areas (e.g., financial and administrative management, human resources, institutional governance, marketing and communication, strategic planning, networking, leadership, etc.). Though the candidate will not have to design and deliver all assistance, she/he/they should have a foundational understanding of best practices in these areas and be able to manage a range of experts that do and be able to ensure strong quality control.
- Ensure, with the CHISU Indonesia team, that the identified technical and management capacity needs are addressed.
- Contribute to documentation and dissemination of lessons learned and promising practices from the capacity strengthening efforts.
- Support measurement of organizational capacity and contribute to regular reporting to USAID and MOH and participate and present if needed in meetings related to organizational capacity development. Work with project staff and organizations to help identify successes, measure results, and make adaptations, as needed.
- Develop and finalize mentoring and capacity strengthening oversight strategy, and capacity strengthening milestones with awardee
- Convene stakeholders to identify key areas for localization within HIS for MNH, TB and Health Financing
- Develop a database of potential local organizations with standardized criteria based on feedback from stakeholders and forecasted HIS needs
- Develop a ‘menu’ of local partner opportunities, to include a range of activities and mechanisms
Level of Effort: 30 days
Period of Performance: October 1, 2023 – December 30, 2023
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Organizational Strengthening, Education or relevant field and 6 years of experience; or Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategies for local partners organizational capacity strengthening.
- Demonstrated experience in leading or supporting capacity building efforts, including conducting, leading and/or facilitating organizational capacity assessments, including the Non-U.S. Organization Pre-Award Survey, and developing and monitoring capacity building plans. This includes excellent facilitation skills and sufficient expertise in core organizational capacity areas to prompt and field questions to participants.
- Understanding of the digital health landscape in Indonesia is a plus.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, and with multiple concurrent demands.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience seeing deliverables through to completion, including written and other deliverables.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with international development contracting policies and procedures, specifically USAID required.
- Fluency in Bahasa is required; Proficiency in English is required.
How to Apply
Please click on the following link: Capacity Development Consultant in Jakarta | Careers at Indonesia, Jakarta (icims.com)