SNV is an international not-for-profit development organisation established in 1965 in the Netherlands. By connecting our global expertise with a long-lasting in-country presence, we help realise locally owned solutions in more than 20 countries in Africa and Asia.
SNV supports development actors by developing local capacities, improving performance and services, strengthening governance systems, creating access for excluded groups, and making markets work for the poor. Our global team of advisors uses their expertise in Agrifood, Energy, and Water to improve the health and livelihoods of millions of people, focusing on the poor and marginalised groups. Gender inclusion, good governance, and climate change are cross-cutting issues underlying all our interventions. SNV works with national and local government and civil society actors, cooperatives, and the private sector to ensure significant and lasting change. Our donors come from various organisations, including government agencies, private sectors, and foundations. In Indonesia, SNV operates since 2013 under the framework of a Memorandum of Understanding with the Ministry of Home Affairs, Republic of Indonesia to improve the quality of life through community empowerment and capacity building through the integrated sustainable development program.
We seek a qualified individual to provide donor contract review and advise and support SNV on legal compliance under Indonesian law in the country. S/he shall support SNV on various topics in Indonesia and provide expertise on national regulation, preferably through a solid in-country network.
Scope of Work
1. Contract Review
- Provide written review of relevant documentation under country legislation and MoU in place (e.g., contracts; agreements; tender bids; etc.,) typically grant contracts or financial commitment with donor organisations.
- Critically assess SNV’s Legal risk exposure in the Country.
- Conduct legal analysis and provide written advice on legal matters (regarding legal sources/ jurisprudence, etc.).
- Attend meetings with donor organisations on contract discussion, if needed.
- Provision of legal review and advice on employment contract template.
- To maintain contract database and organise executed versions of contracts.
- Health Check on the Corporate Governance Structure of SNV in Indonesia.
- Provide advice on compliance with laws and regulations in Indonesia.
- Support in reporting to the manpower department.
Please note that the work above is intentionally broad and generic and reflects the topics that might lead to a specific assignment. Each assignment will specify the deliverable(s).
The position will report to the Operations Manager.
Timeline and Payment Term
- The assignment will begin as soon as possible up to 31 December 2023.
- It is estimated the work requires 40 days of services throughout the contract duration.
- Payments will be deliverables based.
- Payments will occur once SNV confirms that the relevant deliverable(s) has/have been fulfilled.
- Candidate should possess at minimum a bachelor’s degree (S1) in Law.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the development sector. Combined exposure of a law firm and in-house experience will be a plus.
- Having excellent communication, interpersonal, a presentation skill.
- Proven experience in dealing with contract drafting and negotiating.
- Fluent in English.
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to send your English CV/credential and price quotation to firstname.lastname@example.org before on the 06 October 2023. All information will be in the strictest confidence.