This job is a key project support for multiple projects within the organisation. The Manager will work closely with project leads and directors to support prospective and current projects and will be actively engaged in business development and communications. There is plenty of opportunity for learning on the job from leading experts in the field.
Business Development (80%)
A1. Contact potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings
A2. Plan and oversee new business development initiatives
A3. Research organisations and individuals to find new opportunities
A4. Increase the value of current customers while attracting new ones
A5. Find and develop new clients
A6. Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events
A7. Develop proposals for projects with technical team members
A8. Develop and monitor goals for the development team and business growth
A9. Train personnel and help team members develop their skills
A10. Search for, and liaise with, potential consultants whose expertise is key to Dala
A11. Manage consultant contracting and onboarding
B1. Co-ordinate and facilitate the production, writing and/or editing of communications materials including flyers, promotional material, invitations and website content
B2. Create, edit and manage content for Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
B3. Develop digital communications plan with managers
B4. Create, edit and co-ordinate blogs on the company website
B5. Assist project teams in uploading content and managing training/events calendar
B6. Build the capacity of technical and managerial staff to have better digital media presence
B7. Develop and implement branding strategy
B8. Oversee revisions to website content
B9. Copyediting in English as needed (if possible)
The position is for between 30-40 hours per week. Candidates may propose between this range and will not have any advantage or disadvantage due to their proposal. The initial employment contract will be for 12 months with the possibility of extension. The first contract will be subject to a three-month probationary period.
The salary for the positions will be paid in Indonesian Rupiah. The base range will be Rp 14.982.000 to 16.693.000 (M1) gross / pro-rata. The rate offered will depend on each candidate’s qualifications and experience relevant to the position. The position-holder will have 20 days of vacation + the national holidays per year (pro-rated) and 13th month salary (THR). As a small company, Dala does not offer the facilities of medical insurance or pensions beyond the mandatory requirements of BPJS Kesehatan and Ketenagakerjaan. In lieu of these benefits, employees may claim ⅔ of private medical and pension plan premiums up to Rp 10,000.000 per year on receipt.
Conditions of Employment
This position is home-based anywhere in Indonesia. Note that the home-based nature is not because of COVID-19 and will be home-based for the duration of this contract. Applicants based in Bali or Jakarta preferred. Working hours are flexible, however, Dala employees are expected to be available for meetings and communications during normal working hours Monday to Friday. Due to the international nature of work, some evening meetings may be required.
Home-based employees are expected to supply their own equipment and facilities required for work: computer, internet connection and mobile phone and ensure they are in good working condition. If the employee is unable to purchase such equipment, arrangements can be made with Dala.
This position is only open to candidates who have the existing legal right to work in Indonesia. The Dala Institute will not sponsor work or stay permits in Indonesia.
Dala is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family composition, religion, physical characteristics, medical condition, race or ethnicity.
A note on COVID-19: This position is home-based and therefore does not have any special COVID-19 caveats. If any activities are required outside the home or involving travel, they will only be approved after careful scrutiny for Dala’s strict COVID-19 protocols.
The suitable candidate will have the following attributes:
- 7+ years of professional experience in an organisation dealing with environment and/or development issues
- 5+ years working with a broad range of clients and donors with proven record of successful proposal writing and extensive network in Indonesia and moderate international network
- 3+ years of proven track records in increasing numbers of followers and developing widely-distributed social media content
- Bachelor (S1) degree (Masters (S2) preferred) in a field related to development, the environment, economics, politics, business, communications or other social science
- Ability to draft professional documents with minimal need for copy editing
- Demonstrated passion for the wellbeing of people and nature, and against discrimination and oppression
- Familiarity with a wide range of software applications for business productivity
- Professionally proficient in English and Indonesian
- A flexible approach to work
- Comfort with learning by doing
- Ability to manage time when given direction by multiple managers
- Curiosity to learn new things and ways of working
- Enthusiasm to work in a team, and the ability to take initiative on her/his own.
- Excellent organisational skills
- A positive attitude toward work with a disdain for gossip, large egos, and undermining the work of colleagues
- Experience in multicultural work environment
- Experience working remotely or freelance
- Experience with gender-sensitive programming
- Awareness with OECD DAC evaluation criteria and evaluation guidelines of major donors
- Ability to copy edit in English
How to Apply
- Salary Offer Rp 14.982.000 to 16.693.000 (M1) gross / pro-rata.