Business and Finance Senior Program Officer – POWER 2.0
The Business and Finance Senior Program Officer will support the POWER 2 Program Manager to ensure that at least 20,000 smallholder farmers increase productivity, raise their incomes by 20% against baseline measures through improvement of farmers’ access to financial products/services, and output market. S/he will work with the district coordinators as well as consultants, and will collaborate closely with the formal financial institutions (microfinance institution, commercial bank, insurance company), John Deere Business Partner in Indonesia and farmer organizations that participated in POWER 1 and in the new three districts.
- University degree in Agribusiness, Economics or related fields;
- 5-6+ years Agri-based community development experiences, preferably with a focus on business development and access to finance;
- Experience in conducting economic research and assessment in business development and access to finance for farmers/farmer groups;
- Experience in design and implementing the capacity building on financial and business/entrepreneurship for farmers/farmer groups’;
- Experience worked with government agencies and private companies;
- Ability to take initiative, to anticipate and solve problems; and to work independently on multiple tasks with limited supervision, to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Computers skills with strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Bahasa Indonesia and English.
Vacancy will be closed 18 February 2019 and only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. We look forward to hearing from those who are interested in taking this opportunity to grow and develop with us.
Human Resources Department
Mercy Corps Indonesia