Join an exciting new social impact initiative
Light of Dawn International (Indonesian acronym : “YICF”) is seeking a full-time Program Manager for Bersama, a new impact sourcing initiative that provides a livelihood and professional development opportunity to underserved Indonesians and refugees in Jakarta. The Bersama program will help candidates train in data annotation work and access remote freelance work with a global company partnering with YICF for this program. Program participants will also benefit from ongoing support and training in English and professional readiness. This will be the first impact sourcing initiative in Indonesia that lifts locals and refugees together, and may be the first scalable livelihood solution for refugees in Indonesia.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the successful launch and development of the program, with close attention to building operational excellence, social impact, and a financially sustainable model. One of the first responsibilities of the Program Manager will be recruiting and hiring 5-6 other team members for management, administrative, and IT support. The Program Manager will work on a day-to-day basis with the program team, the YICF Executive Director, key partner contacts, and an outsourced accounting service. The long term goal for this program is to develop a for-profit model that empowers refugees & Indonesians while generating income for YICF’s non-profit education activities.
- A passion for empowering marginalized communities and social enterprises
- A deep commitment to developing and motivating people
- A passion for working in diverse environments; humility in engaging people from other socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- A strong understanding of management, business operations, and finance
- A “hands-on” attitude
- Strong experience in business development, start-up development, HR, or operations management (preferably 3+ years); experience with a social enterprise is a plus
- Bachelors’ or Master’s degree in a relevant field such as HR, Management, Finance, or Business Administration (MBA)
- English language (written and spoken) fluency ; Indonesian is a plus
- Strong organizational, communication and general management skills
- Experience in managing financial deliverables – budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Proven ability to navigate and work effectively across cultures
- Proven ability to build strong teams and individual accountability
- Proven ability to work with multiple stakeholders and partners
- An understanding or at least a familiarity with the artificial intelligence and machine learning industries is a plus
- Recruit, hire, and manage team members with both competence and commitment to the social mission of the program
- Effectively communicate expectations, requirements, and provide feedback to team members
Participant recruitment, training & support
- Develop an optimal, scalable operational model for recruitment, training, and ongoing remote work support
- Coordinate with key referral partners to recruit and screen for candidates; develop strategic partnerships for candidate sourcing from underserved communities
- Develop and implement data annotation trainings, incorporating resources and support from partner company
- Coordinate with strategic education partners to provide ongoing English and professional readiness/development training to program participants
- Develop a peer-support structure to create ongoing accountability and community among program participants as they work remotely
- Facilitate successful collaboration with our business partner, remaining attentive to partner needs and requirements
- Serve as the main channel of communication with partner company
- Deliver quality performance through effective training and support of program participants
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Manage the program budget, initiate corrective actions if necessary
- Develop and maintain a monitoring & evaluation system for financial and social impact metrics
- Report regularly to YICF leadership and partner company
- Desired start date: Immediately, with initial 1 or 2-year contract.
- Full-time paid position, reporting directly to the YICF Executive Director.
- The Program Manager will be based at the training facility in Mampang, South Jakarta. Some travel around greater Jakarta may be required for recruitment and partnership development.
To Apply: Send CV & Cover letter to email@example.com before August 9.
- Salary Offer Competitive pay