Assurance Services Associate will be responsible for managing the delivery Rainforest Alliance Assurance Service to clients in the Asia Pacific Region. He/she will likewise work with the Assurance manager to promote Assurance services and develop new business opportunities across the region with a primary focus Forestry and Agriculture sector. S/he will assist Assurance Services Manager in managing Assurance Services client portfolios/projects in the region through coordination of local representatives and partners, but will mainly focus and have responsibility to manage and develop the Assurance services in the region.
- Work with Assurance manager to develop new business opportunities through client outreach, promotion at sector meetings and for meetings related to certification scheme (e.g. ISPO, RSPO, SAN, FSC);
- Engage with stakeholders to ensure the successful implementation of assurance engagements;
- Receive and respond to Assurance services inquiries from current and potential clients;
- Coordinate for all the activities, meetings, and events related to Assurances services/projects;
- Conduct assessments and on-site audits as requested, and draft reports;
- Provide support to Rainforest Alliances’ Assurance Services team and collaborate with other supporting teams for the Assurance Services;
- Receive and follow-up on Assurance services applications/requests for evaluation;
- Manage Assurance Services activities at all stages to ensure that all deliverables, timelines and budget parameters are met;
- Write and present budgets to Assurance Services clients for evaluation;
- Record and track all Assurance services tasks as assigned from service agreement through final report review;
- Recruit consultants as required for Assurance services/projects and manage all the contractual requirements;
- Identify ways to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the Assurance services in line with the program goals and objectives;
- Assist in the development of assurance promotion and service delivery materials and programs to train consultants to perform evaluation with highest quality and professional integrity;
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Degree in Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Agriculture or related field required; advanced degree in area of expertise is desirable;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in forestry, agriculture or related field preferred;
- Environmental management system or other auditor training experience preferred;
- Knowledge of Rainforest Alliance Certification and/or FSC certification a plus;
- Prior auditing experience, particularly having trained in ISO for Lead Auditor preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; familiarity with other MS Office applications;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia; other languages a plus; and
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
Only candidates authorized to work in Indonesia will be considered.
Commensurate with experience.