POSITION: ASISTANT/FINANCE MANAGER
Duty Station: Bali, Jakarta
Contract period: Fulltime, Contract (1 year, renewable)
Lestari Capital is a leader in the fast-growing field of Environmentally Sustainable Business. Together with some of the world’s biggest companies and financial institutions, we are building new platforms that channel private sector investment into the conservation and restoration of South East Asia’s rainforest landscapes. By generating carbon certificates and other environmental performance outcomes, we are creating markets that value nature, climate and biodiversity, and integrate these into sustainable supply chains. The sector and Lestari Capital are experiencing massive growth and we are looking for talented, motivated colleagues to help implement our investments.
In 2020, we raised a $1 billion fund called the Rimba Collective which will invest in a portfolio of projects across Indonesia and Malaysia on behalf of leading companies in the Palm Oil supply chain. We are building out our staff including strengthening the financial team that oversees the budgets of conservation and reforestation projects.
This is an exciting new role which will head up the Finance function in our Indonesia Office. He/She will be assisting the Financial Controller in managing the day to day and monthly financial, cost controlling and reporting activities for Lestari Capital group of companies.
This is an excellent opportunity for the Assistant/ Finance Manager to be a part of the newly setup Rimba Collective initiative, where he/she will interface with top tier clients and forest communities/projects. These activities include, but are not limited to, overseeing due diligence and audit of the budgets of the projects, which are managed by third party organisations.
Reporting and Accounting
Responsible for accounting processes and tasks such as AR, AP, GL, account reconciliations for our Indonesia subsidiary and Rimba Collective
Compile and prepare monthly reporting packages for Rimba Collective
Responsible for monthly closing activities to ensure all period end activities are completed on a timely basis
Budgeting, Cash Management and Cost Control
Assists business partners in managing cost and expense performance, including support expense accrual and cost center expense analysis
Prepare monthly budget and cost analysis, explaining the variances
- Internal controls and Risk Management
Maintain financial compliance by adhering to internal controls, accounting standards, and tax requirements
Support the development and roll-out of financial internal controls, policies, processes & procedures, and ensure compliance for our Indonesia subsidiary and Rimba Collective
Compliance Tax and Audit
Manage the compliance and reporting requirement of the Rimba Collective
Prepare statutory financial statements in line with accounting standards
Prepare Indonesia company tax statements
Prepare & support all finance filing requirements, tax filing (GST) according to government reporting requirements
Prepare audit schedules to support the annual audit process
Project-level financial control
Overseeing due diligence and audit of the budgets with the forest communities/projects
Control of expense requests over budget
Annual control and audit of project-level budgets
Payments and Payroll
Administer payment and reimbursement processes
Other General Activities
Coordinate with external parties such as banks, external auditor, company secretary, local tax, and government authorities
Drive process improvements as well as system implementation and enhancements
Extension of support and guidance to the other upcoming entities and subsidiaries
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Minimum experience 6 to 8 years in Accounting, preferably in MNC and/or a high growth and fast paced environment
- Accountants/internal auditors with at least 4 years’ experience in Plantation Industry, or auditors who have audited Plantation Industry for at least 4 years are welcome to apply
- Understanding of accounting principles and standard (PSAK or/and IFRS) is a must
- Understanding of basic taxation (VAT, WHT, etc)
- Experience in handling full sets of accounts independently with strong knowledge of bookkeeping best practices, attention to details, meticulous and analytical
- Problem solver, able to multi-task, prioritise and establish deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with geographically dispersed and multi-cultural teams
- Positive attitude & mindset, resilience, self-confidence, professional credibility, ability to build relationships at every level of the hierarchy and outside the company, articulate communication, team player
- Impeccable ethical standards, work ethic and integrity
- Good computer skills in the main software programs (Excel, Word, Power Point Access, etc.)
- Good communication both oral and written, in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- CPA or CA certifications will be an added advantage
- Good working knowledge of major ERP software will be an added advantage
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
- Good personal organizational and priority setting skills, with the ability to work effectively under time pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Capable of working independently as well as being an effective team player, with initiative and creativity.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
- Values the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and deliver results amidst competing priorities
The candidate may be required to travel to Bali/Jakarta as and when necessary.
The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should apply by sending a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The job description can also be found here: http://lestaricapital.com/jobs/
Please include your name and the position as the subject line of the email and in the titles of all attachments (please use the format: YourName_PositionTItle_CV.pdf, YourName_PositionTItle_CoverLetter.pdf). In the body of your email and your cover letter please include this summary table:
|Degree type (BA, MS)|
|Years of work experience|