DAI is seeking a full-time Program Manager for a USAID-funded project focused on providing technical support and institutional strengthening to help ASEAN achieve its goal of building a more inclusive, rules-based, and prosperous Southeast Asia.
The five-year ASEAN-USAID PROSPECT program (August 2018 – August 2023) supports ASEAN’s goal to build a more inclusive and prosperous Southeast Asia. Through provision of technical expertise, PROSPECT provides institutional strengthening and support to increase ASEAN’s capacity to better resolve regional and global challenges and advance an effective, rules-based architecture for cooperation among governments in the region to uphold human dignity and the rule of law.
The Program Manager will work closely with and support the Chief of Party (COP) and Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to design and implement initiatives across all project work streams, with a particular focus on disaster management and emergency response. S/he will also provide support for work planning, outreach with partners, and development of high-quality project deliverables.
Objectives and Duties
- Work closely with the COP and DCOP to scope and identify potential project activities that will contribute to the attainment of the program objectives;
- Provide programmatic, administrative, and financial oversight for activities under his/her purview, including developing and managing budgets and program activities;
- Supervise the work of Activity Coordinators under assigned work streams, providing mentorship, guidance, oversight, and ensuring all administrative and logistical arrangements are well managed;
- Develop and draft project concept notes and proposals as required;
- Provide inputs and support for drafting reports including weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc requests;
- Summarize meetings, agreements, and next steps for distribution to the technical team and counterparts as appropriate and required;
- Identify and draft success stories and talking points, as directed by the COP and/or DCOP;
- Prepare draft technical instructions for the approval of DAI Home Office and for endorsement by USAID as required;
- Support monitoring and evaluation activities and communications products as required;
- Carry out other duties that are consistent with overall focus of the assignment as assigned by the COP and/or the DCOP.
The Program Manager will be based in Jakarta and will report directly to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Master’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience providing management and support for programs focused on disaster management or related fields
- Significant knowledge of and/or experience working with ASEAN
- Experience with USAID and/or other donor-funded projects is strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team setting
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse array of tasks and professional relationships
- Fluent in written and spoken English