The ICRC Regional Delegation for Jakarta and Timor-Leste seeks to fill the following position:
Armed Forces Programme Manager
(Resident position, Jakarta-based)
The Armed Forces Programme Manager assists the Delegation in planning, carrying out, assessing, and following up activities related to Armed Forces. S/he conducts dissemination to the military on International Humanitarian Law (IHL), humanitarian principles and ICRC activities, develops and maintains contact with authorities, mainly military at various levels, and participates in meetings with different contacts, in a leading or supporting role.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizing dissemination activities on IHL and universal humanitarian principles through Indonesia and Timor-Leste, including preparing materials and producing reporting.
- Assists the Regional Delegation in understanding all operating military structures; to this end, monitors the political and security situation.
- Contributes to developing and consolidating the ICRC’s network of contacts within the military.
- Support the Delegation in drafting the related strategy and integrating it in the annual planning exercise, in compliance with the main operational priorities.
- Is in charge of administrative tasks of the unit and the preparation and follow-up of the unit’s budget.
- Maintains and updates the stock of different ICRC publications needed for Armed Forces activities.
Required knowledge and experience:
- 5–7 years of professional experience.
- University degree, preferably law or political science; masters degree a plus.
- Previous relevant experience with Armed Forces is an asset.
- Good knowledge of IHL and universal humanitarian principles and of the International Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement.
- Able to travel regularly through Indonesia and Timor-Leste.
- Working knowledge of English and Bahasa, and proven English-language writing skills.
- Computer-literate: keyboard skills, good knowledge of MS Word, presentation tools, Internet.
- Able to work well under pressure and to adapt to changing priorities.
- Can work independently but also a good team player.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and time and information management skills.
- Dynamic and with a solid sense of responsibility.
- Strong interest in international affairs and humanitarian issues.
- Competitive salary package, language and other professional development training opportunities.
- Diverse, inclusive and humanitarian-minded workforce.
- An opportunity to contribute to the ICRC’s efforts to protect and assist victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence worldwide.
Each of interested and qualified persons with the required experience is invited to submit her/his application in English with a cover letter explaining why s/he is suitable for the position, and a detailed CV to the Human Resources Department firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of “Armed Forces Programme Manager”.
Applications are accepted only from candidates with Indonesian citizenship. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Prior to selection interviews, the candidates will undergo tests to assess their written communication skills.
Deadline to submit application: 15 December 2023
Starting date: January 2024