TERMS OF REFERENCE
API (Application programing interface) programmer/developer specialist
(epic indonesia project)
Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC), a five-year global project funded by PEPFAR and USAID, is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The EpiC project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery (DSD) to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, care and treatment programming, and viral load suppression. EpiC is led by FHI 360 with core partners Right to Care, Palladium, Population Services International (PSI), and Gobee Group. The project also draws upon regional resource partners to provide TA, as well as global resource partners who bring unique capacities.
The EpiC team’s approach to TA is guided by four mutually reinforcing principles: (1) a focus on speed, scale, standards, and sustainability; (2) customization according to local priorities, financing, epidemiology, and the differentiated needs of target populations; (3) adaptive management based on results; and (4) transition of TA and DSD to local and regional partners to enable them to receive direct awards. In addition, EpiC applies human-centered design thinking to resolve persistent challenges along the HIV service cascade.
The EpiC approaches includes:
- Attain and maintain HIV epidemic control among at-risk adult men, women, and priority populations
- Attain and maintain HIV epidemic control among key populations
- Improve program management, health information systems, HRH and HIV financing solutions to attain and maintain epidemic control
- Support the transition of direct funding and implementation to capable local partners to meet PEPFAR’s goal of providing 70 percent of its funding to local partners by 2020
in FY21/COP20 implementation plan, EPIC Project Indonesia is doing expanding activity on Data Interoperability between/among system to synchronize data activity by using Application Programing Interface (API) approach technology. As part of the ultimate achievement across those results, and to ensure that all of those activity running properly, EPIC plan to hire a consultant (IT Programing Individual Consultant for API programmer/developer specialist).
SCOPE OF WORK
The consultants will work with EPIC Indonesia staff (cross component) to further develop ICT applications in support of the above tasks in the EPIC FY21 work plan. He/she shall work under the overall supervision of the ICT4D Program Manager, will get input from the Epic Project Director, CBS team, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team and/or MoH and other counterpart partner. The API developer specialist will be a skilled and experienced software developer responsible for the detailed design, implementation, and testing of subsystems and system components in complex, multivendor, multi-platform environments, with key responsibilities are:
- Analyzes, designs, develops, codes and implements programs in one or more programming languages, for Web and Rich Internet Applications.
- Supports applications with an understanding of system integration, test planning, scripting, and troubleshooting.
- Assesses the health and performance of software applications and databases.
- Establishes, participates, and maintains relationships with business units, customers and subject matter experts in order to remain apprised of direction, project status, architectural and technology trends, risks, and functional/integration issues.
- Defines specifications and develop programs, modifies existing programs, prepares test data, and prepares functional specifications.
- Analyzes program and application performance using various programming languages, tools and techniques.
- Provides guidance to non-technical staff in using software and hardware systems most effectively and efficiently.
- Reviews project proposals, evaluates alternatives, provides estimates and makes recommendations.
- Designs and defines specifications for systems.
- Identifies potential process improvement areas and suggests options and recommends approaches.
DAILY TASKS AND SOW
- Build new APIs for mobile and web applications
- Identify and resolve possible performance constraints
- Consume external 3rd party API services Translate business requirements into high quality code
- Design, build & maintain highly performance, reliable and reusable code
- Integrate testing as part of the pipeline and code deployments
- Tackle complex projects using Agile principles in line with business priorities
- Strong development knowledge within either a full stack or back end development experience.
- A strong understanding of programming fundamentals such as OOP, inheritance, & composition.
- Good understanding of SOLID principles
- AWS experience e.g. API gateway & Lambda (Typescript / Node)
- Experience with Micro services architecture
- Experience working with caching strategies using Redis,
- Database experience with mongoDB, mySQL
- Good knowledge of the fundamentals of REST API design
- Good problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Familiarity with CI/CD piplelines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience with Amazon AWS & Docker would be beneficial
Core language and platform skills:
- One of PHP / C# / Typescript
- MySQL, MongoDB
- RESTful design
- XML / SOAP
- CI/CD pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in a computing environment with multiple programming languages.
- Web Technologies (DHTML, AJAX, etc.)
- Experience with design and development of REST API platform using Apigee/APIM, converting web services from SOAP to REST or vice-versa.
- Experience with Security frameworks (e.g., JWT, OATH2)
- Experience in API layer like security, custom analytics, throttling, caching, logging, monetization, request and response modifications etc. using Apigee
- Proficient in SQL and Stored Procedures such as in Oracle, MySQL
- Experience with Unix, Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with Scrum and other Agile processes.
- Knowledge of Jira, Git/SVN, Jenkins
- Experience in creating REST API documentation using Swagger and YAML or similar tools desirable
- Experience with Integration frameworks (e.g., Mule, Camel) desirable
- Open Application Programing Interfaces (APIs) for National Applications such as SIHA & SITB
- An Application Programing Interfaces (APIs) for Counterpart/implementor web/mobile application for data integration with National Single Source Applications.
- Maintenance server and data integration (bud and error free) and respond to change request (if any)
CONSULTANCY LOCATION AND TRAVEL
The consultancy will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. No Travel may be required. Please note, during Work From Home Policy, you will required work at home using your own internet facilities.
HIGHT QUALITY DESIRED CANDIDATE
It is very apricate if you have all skill and qualification that mentioned above and you will get first priority and have skill in Flutter (mobile app) and CodeIgniter programing as well.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
October 1st, 2021 to September 30th, 2022 with approximate total 120 working days Consultant can claim invoice per month based on actual days of work in a month (maximum 15 days a month).
REMUNERATION AND EXPENSES
The consultant will be paid on daily basis. Payment will be made monthly after the successful deliverable completion and approval of tasks assigned during that month. Consultant can claim internet reimbursement maximum Rp. 200.000 per month.
Submission and deadline
If you are qualified with this position, please submit your CV to Procurementindoepic@fhi360.org no later than 7 September 2021 at 17:00 PM Jakarta time. Please put “API Developer – (your name) as the e-mail subject.
Estimate time to start on October 1st 2021.