The Animal Welfare Assistant Manager will oversee our extensive team of animal keepers in the daily care and rehabilitation program for orangutans and sun bears in our East Kalimantan Orangutan Reintroduction Program at Samboja Lestari. The Animal Welfare Assistant Manager will report directly to the Samboja Lestari Program Manager and BOS Foundation’s Animal Welfare Coordinator.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Creating monthly work schedules for the animal keepers, nutrition staff, and enrichment staff.
- Planning monthly animal welfare activities, including enclosure cleaning and maintenance, enrichment activities, orangutan and sun bear nutrition programs.
- Managing and coordinating the aforementioned activities while communicating intensively with the animal welfare team at Samboja Lestari.
- Providing a monthly animal welfare reports to the Program Manager.
- Running routine meetings with the team to discuss and evaluate their performance, as well as planning for events and activities.
- Assisting the Program Manager in compiling quarterly and annual reports.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in animal husbandry in any wildlife / conservation facility.
- A good understanding of basic animal welfare, animal nutrition, and enrichment programs.
- A passion for the environment and environmental issues, particularly the plight of the orangutan.
- Excellent social and communication skills, in both verbal and written Indonesian and English.
- Substantial experience in managing and working in teams.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
How to Apply