The Agricultural Business and Finance Officer will assist INOBU’s work in developing and promoting innovations in agricultural businesses. These innovations will include development innovative mechanisms for supporting smallholders and sustainable investments in agriculture and forestry.
Institut Penelitian Inovasi Bumi (INOBU) is an independent, non-profit Indonesian research institute. Through innovative research, policy analysis, technology and alliance-building, INOBU seeks to improve public policies and strengthen civil society to sustainably manage Indonesia’s natural resources and agricultural production systems, throughout the life-cycle of products. INOBU is staffed by leading Indonesian researchers in the fields of environmental policy, law, economics and spatial analysis. INOBU actively engages government, civil society and communities in the design and dissemination of the results of their research and innovation.
INOBU is currently developing several innovative programs for supporting smallholders and facilitating sustainable investments in Indonesia.
As the Agricultural Business and Finance Officer, you would:
- Design and propose business models of a facility for providing smallholders with training, agricultural inputs, and access to finance;
- Engage with relevant stakeholders in agricultural and forestry business and finance in Indonesia and internationally (as required);
- Prepare proposals, plans, budgets and technical reports to meet donor and partner requirements;
- Participate in multi-disciplinary research projects and programs (as required); and
- Participate in internal meetings and support the organizational requirements of INOBU.
Ideally, the candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in Agriculture, Forestry, Agribusiness or Agricultural Finance or similar;
- Fluency in Indonesian and English; and
- 5 years’ work experience in the fields of agriculture or forestry with specific experience in designing smallholder programs and/or agri-business/finance initiatives.
Denpasar, Bali, with regular travel to Jakarta, Central Kalimantan and West Papua.
The candidate should be an Indonesian citizen or have the right to live and work in Indonesia. Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.