FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 50 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
FHI 360 is seeking an Advocacy Specialist for an upcoming civil society strengthening project in Indonesia. The project will focus on capacity development of civil society organizations to improve governance and service delivery at the district level and below.
The position shall work under the leadership of the Chief of Party and will support civil society organizations to manage, implement, and support national-level public policy advocacy initiatives. Availability of position is contingent upon award to FHI 360.
The Advocacy Specialist will:
• Provides support for legal analysis, research and legislative drafting
• Lead stakeholder consultations and generate opportunities for dialogue
• Provide expertise for all rights-based programming, including training, mentoring, technical assistance and the establishment of communities of practice
• Provide technical assistance to grantees as required
• Manages and oversees the development of projects from initiation to completion.
• Manages public policy and communications project staff in coordinating and managing the implementation of project activities, delivering quality and accountability.
• Provide guidance and monitoring for project staff, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective team work.
• Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Defines project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals and strategic vision of management.
• Develops and delivers project plans, documentation, training, presentations and budget proposals to management and staff.
• Identifies and resolves project issues and implements improvement plans to ensure project stays on schedule and within budget.
• Coaches, mentors, and manages project team to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with project and company standards/policies.
• Builds, develops, and grows partnerships vital to the success of the project.
• At least 8-10 years senior level experience in civil society, governance, organizational capacity building, advocacy, rule of law, or other related DG sectors;
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and navigate politically sensitive terrain;
• Familiarity with USAID programming, rules and regulations required, with experience managing sub-grants components preferred
• Professional proficiency in English required, including excellent written communication skills.
• Experience generating and facilitating government – civil society dialogue.
• Experience with designing and drafting CSO related legislation
• Knowledge of the Indonesian legal context, especially related to civil society, preferred