The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organization which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
Existing production and consumption patterns worldwide are mainly based on a linear commodity economy. Especially Single-Use Plastic ends up as waste after a short and single use with disastrous consequences for marine and terrestrial ecosystems.
To address the plastic crisis in Southeast Asia, the GIZ project module CAP-SEA (Collaborative Action for Single-Use Plastic Prevention in Southeast Asia) supports reducing plastic waste and promoting reusable packaging systems in Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia by focusing on upstream approaches and embedding those in broader circular economy strategy advice to the partner governments. CAP-SEA is funded by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) and is part of the global project to support the “Export Initiative for Green Technologies”.
GIZ intends to support the Government of Indonesia (GoI) implementing and institutionalizing Single Use Plastic prevention strategies. This includes capacity development, training measures, knowledge dissemination, and the implementation of pilot projects amongst other things. To deliver impact of reducing single-use products and plastic waste CAP-SEA in Indonesia will work with various line ministries and stakeholders, and conduct knowledge management with Thailand and Malaysia. GIZ seeks a qualified Indonesian candidate for this position.
- Support the Deputy Principal Advisor (DV) in developing the CAP-SEA Indonesia plan of activities.
- Support the DV in managing daily activities of the CAP-SEA project in Indonesia.
- Support the DV in monitoring project activities / CAP-SEA implementation in Indonesia.
- Provide strategic advice related to the CAP-SEA project.
- Liaise the project with national ministries as project counterparts and with other related stakeholders (i.e. private sector, financial institutions, development partners, civil society organizations, research institutions, media).
- Develop capacity building material and facilitate training activities for relevant ministries and sub-national governments.
- Communicate and coordinate with other relevant GIZ projects.
- Support the DV in building network with national and international alliances related to plastic waste reduction, marine littering and other global networks.
- Support the DV in project management as assigned.
- Management and coordination
- Support the development of national concept, strategy and workplan for CAP-SEA in Indonesia, in close coordination and consultation with project counterparts.
- Support CAP-SEA project implementation as approved by project counterparts.
- Facilitate synchronization of budget planning and activities.
- Research, gather information, and advise for relevant activities and assignment.
- Ensure that activities are running as planned and achieve the targeted outputs and outcomes.
- Support the development of the project monitoring system.
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the project.
- Regularly report project progress to the DV and the Principal Advisor during national update call.
- Support to prepare project progress report.
- Evaluate project activities, and advise for a better implementation of activities whenever necessary
- Refer to GIZ Capacity Works to manage the project.
- Professional advisory services
- Advise partner institutions regarding clarification of the commission, needs assessment, as well as concept and strategy development for CAP-SEA Indonesia.
- Participate in identifying needs for external support and advice, work on policy recommendations.
- Contribute to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint project activities.
- Formulate terms of reference, select and supervise third parties while carrying out project activities, including performance evaluation.
- Develop design, and preparation of workshops, seminars and other events related to CAP-SEA project.
- Monitor implementation of workshops, seminars and other events, and facilitate immediate requirements for the events organisation.
- Conduct facilitation and moderation when dealing with multi-stakeholder dialogues.
- Contribute as resource person for capacity building programs if necessary.
- Develop and organise quality assurance measures and suggest necessary changes, improvements and initiatives.
- Networking and cooperation
- Ensure cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners; relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the projects and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
- Facilitate access for partners to relevant alliances related to plastic waste reduction, marine littering and other global networks.
- Communicate and channel local interest and aspirations and exchange ideas and information for the benefit of the program.
- Travel (abroad) in the region regularly, in accordance with projects requirements
- Knowledge management
- Compile information about various national and international public and private approaches related to single use plastic prevention.
- Document policy dialogue and lessons learnt from related endeavours in Indonesia and abroad and ensure knowledge transfer.
- Develop ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures.
- Prepare reports and presentation documents
- Contribute to other related reports required by the DV
- Assist with research activities and studies on political issues which benefit to project implementation and joint programmes.
- Masters/MSc in an area that is related to the project’s objectives.
- 7-10 years’ professional experience
- Proven experience of communicating complex topics in a targeted way to a broad range of stakeholders, including policymakers
- Proven experience of working with private sector stakeholders in the context of climate change is of high advantage
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English
- Knowledge of German is of advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of GIZ’s management model Capacity Works is of advantage
- High sensitivity in dealing with political and administrative stakeholders, combined with the ability to assess various stakeholders, bundle their interests and establish corresponding networks
- Flexibility, reliability, efficiency, intercultural competence, personal resilience and the ability to cope with stressful situations
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Deputy Principal Advisor of CAP SEA Project
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including trainings’ and references’ list) to firstname.lastname@example.org October 18th, 2021 with subject line CAP SEA – Advisor.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified