Reports to: Senior Advisor – Private Sector and Partnership Engagement
Positions Supervised: None
Jhpiego seeks a Technical Advisor for Private Sector and Partnership Engagement for maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH) for the USAID MOMENTUM Private Sector Project in Indonesia. MOMENTUM Private Sector (MPS) is a five-year (2020-2025) $75 million global award that seeks to expand access to and use of evidence-based, quality maternal, newborn, and child health /family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) information, products, and services through private providers by (1) ensuring increased availability of and demand for quality MNCH/FP/RH information, services, and supplies offered by private providers; and (2) expanding public and private partnerships to ensure a total market approach (TMA) for improved health coverage. The MPS consortium is led by Population Services International (PSI), with partners Jhpiego, Avenir Health, ThinkWell, and FHI 360.
- Support and operationalize landscape assessment to identify key areas of intervention for private sector engagement as per the project scope
- Support strategic, business and operation design for potential service delivery, market shaping and innovation integration as per the requirement and their subsequent scale-up plans
- Along with STA, assess and advise on financial risks in implementing private sector engagement models and identify necessary mitigating and corrective actions.
- Along with STA, support collaborations with public and private sector for developing public private partnership (PPP) models
- Work with key partners to develop and leverage innovative financing mechanisms to sustainably engage private and non-public health providers
Partnership Development and Management:
- Landscape and assess areas of partnerships as per the need and requirements of the project
- Work across private, public and technical sectors to facilitate identification of synergies and opportunities for creative new partnerships
- Outline the areas of collaborations, forge and manage the partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Develop and execute partnership strategies to achieve agreed objectives and mobilizing resources towards fulfilling the aim of the project
- Coordinate with partners implementing different models and ensure desired results are achieved in timely manner
Program Management and Monitoring:
- Support documentation of project results, successes, challenges and lessons learned.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of different models and generate evidence for further advocacy with Government for scaling up of models
- Work with M&E team to establish systems for tracking progress, indicators and deliverables according to agreed work-plans to ensure state and donor requirements are met
- Identify capacity building needs among team members and provide support for career development
Public Relations and Representations:
- Liaise with other partners working in MNH ecosystem in Indonesia
- Travel within the state or national level as per the project and organizational requirements.
- Perform other activities, as assigned by the supervisor to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to work with a diverse technical team.
- Ability to multitask and work under multicultural environment.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with other agencies, private partners and other organizations including government counterparts.
- Ability to develop business plans and financial models for relevant healthcare interventions
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in writing technical and programmatic documents such as reports, proposals, case studies etc.
- Proficiency in computers – Microsoft Office.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50 % of his/her time.
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience
- Advanced degree in business administration, public health, international affairs, policy, health reform, management, or a related field
- Strong medical, clinical and/or technical expertise working in low resource settings, particularly in clinical areas consistent with Jhpiego’s maternal, reproductive and child health strategy
- Atleast 7 years of overall experience of working with national/ international NGOs in public health programs.
- At least three (5) years working on private sector engagement and management
- In-depth understanding of private sector engagement strategies for advancing local innovation and entrepreneurial ventures
- Demonstrated experience of forging private sector partnerships in healthcare / non-health sectors in LMIC context
- Demonstrated hands on experience of managing multiple partners and leveraging resources from private sector/corporate sector.
- Indepth understanding of USAID’s policies, principles and frameworks of Private Sector Engagement and Journey to Self-Reliance
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Ability to travel within Indonesia up to 40%.
- Prior experience of working on USAID Projects / other donor funded bilateral is desirable
How to Apply
Please submit your application letter and CV with information of 3 referees, expected salary and details of availability to the following email address: IndonesiaHumanResources@jhpiego.org with subject as per position (e.g. Advisor PSE).
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.