The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development with around 16,400 employees. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and public and private sector clients in around 130 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
The joint Indonesian-German project TVET System Reform (TSR) has been commissioned by the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development for the period of 07/2018 – 06/2021.
The Indonesian institutional counterpart for GIZ is the Coordinating Ministry of Economic Affairs (CMEA), in close collaboration with the Ministry for National Development Planning (Bappenas), the Coordinating Ministry for Human Development and Culture (CMHDC) and the National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KADIN).
The objective of the project is: Relevant private and public actors at national level have implemented key elements of the Indonesian government’s reform agenda on vocational education and training.
The TSR-project advises in three Fields of Activities:
1. the policy level in the creation of coordination mechanisms and policies for the implementation of VET reform with the involvement of industry;
2. business associations, chambers and enterprises in improving the framework conditions for VET and the dissemination of cooperative/dual approaches,
3. and specialized ministries and downstream institutions, trade associations, chambers and enterprises in disseminating labor market-oriented models and instruments in the VET system.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Provision of technical and conceptual advisory services on Results Based Monitoring to all involved counterpart institutions;
2. Support the TSR Team and project management in relation to Results Based Monitoring;
3. Plan, prepare, conduct and document related capacity development activities (including presentations, technical inputs for workshops, seminars etc.) according to the Plan of Operations and ad hoc requests;
4. Promote cooperation within the project, and with other projects;
5. Support the development of related technical concepts, studies, project reports and presentation documents for TSR;
6. Support to project planning in close consultation with partners;
7. Support the monitoring and management of contributions by partner contributions, as well as by parties (e.g. consultants);
8. Support the management of TSR field of area related activity fields according to the project goals, team agreements and/ or decisions made with the Principal advisor
9. Support the management of TVET activities within the field of activity on TVET system reform on national level in accordance with the commission and field of activity’s objectives and activities agreed with the partner and agreement with the superior.
1. Support to Project Management
• Participates on Jour Fixes and other related meetings of the TSR project team;
• Supports the Principal Advisor the team members in carrying out project management tasks, incl. technical tasks, administrative tasks and financial tasks (updating the Plan of Operations, budget planning, preparing Minutes of Meetings etc.);
• Coordinates relevant project activities in consultation with the Principal Advisor and the project team in cooperation with the partners, both with regards to the implementation, and considering administrative and organizational aspects;
• Supports the Principal Advisor and the project team in various related activities, e.g. in the preparation of Terms of Reference, Progress Reports, technical documents etc.).
2. Support to Results-Based Monitoring
• Provides conceptual and operational inputs in improving and updating the Results-Based Monitoring System to provide for continuous progress monitoring of the three Fields of Activity of TSR. The Results-Based Monitoring System of TSR is increasingly based on emerging Indonesian systems, in order to avoid setting up parallel structures and to contribute to institutional Capacity Development of partner institutions;
• Supports partner institutions in collecting quantitative and qualitative data relevant to the Fields of Activities of TSR and in further improving related systems and processes;
• Supports content-wise the compilation of reports and other documentation: Prepares appropriate inputs to the various reports and publications including regular Results-Based Monitoring-reports for the TSR Steering Committee and the annual progress report to the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development, between others;
• Supports partner institutions in the development and/or improvement of relevant baseline studies, needs assessments, Focus Group Discussions etc.;
• Supports the updating of the Plan of Operations of TSR;
• Supports the evaluation and interpretation of data collected in the context of the project;
• Supports project evaluation missions.
3. Professional advisory services
• Advises partner institution(s) in identifying needs, developing concepts and strategies, and provides technical input on the TVET system reform agenda on national level;
• Defines terms of reference, selects, and supervises contracted third parties who carry out selected project activities (including performance evaluation);
• Conceptualizes, prepares, implement and follows up on workshops, seminars and other events on subjects that are related to the respective field of activity;
• Contributes in the translation of documents from Bahasa Indonesia into English and vice versa;
4. Knowledge Management
• Conducts, coordinates and analyses necessary and relevant research/study/analysis as well as provides structured information/materials;
• Prepares documents like presentations, fact sheets, and drafts/contributes to Minutes of Meetings etc. for the preparation and documentation of meetings and events;
• Ensures that relevant studies and other documents are available to the project staff and partners as required;
• Support the maintaining of the TSR-page within the GIZ Data Management System, in close coordination with the TSR Communication Advisor, GIZ IT Officer and project staff;
5. Other duties/additional tasks
• Performs other duties and tasks given by the Principal Advisor;
• Carries out tasks relevant to the Project, which may not be explicitly mentioned in the job description
• Profound knowledge of Results-Based Monitoring systems;
• Bachelor’s Degree in technical and vocational education and training, private sector development, political science or in another relevant field;
• Minimum 3 years of relevant occupational experience in a comparable position;
• Minimum 2 years of experience working in the TVET planning and development
• Substantial experience with designing and/or operating Results-Based Monitoring systems
Other knowledge, additional competences
• Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills;
• High level of oral and writing skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia; knowledge of German is of advantage;
• Good working knowledge of telecommunication systems (phone, e-mail, Internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS-Office);
• Service orientation and proactive working style;
• Team work ability, dynamic, self-management, self-motivated character and interest in development work;
• Excellent problem-solving ability and analytical skills;
• Good organizational skills and ability to work as part of a team;
• Flexibility, initiative and ability to priorities workloads and to respond to deadlines;
• Good working relations with various actors, e.g. public and private sector;
• Ability to think “out-of-the-box” and adapt to a dynamic and changing environment;
• Willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed (Corresponding measures are agreed with the project’s management.).
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor of TSR
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on November 11th, 2019
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: TSR – Advisor on TVET and RBM
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.