The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.
The project ‘Domestic Resource Mobilization for Sustainable Development’ (DRM) has been commissioned by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) with a value of up to 6.000.000 EUR and an implementation period until January 2023.
The Objective of the project is as follows: “The conditions for financing the national implementation of the Agenda 2030 are improved in the area of fiscal policy and tax administration”.
The Project applies a multi stakeholder and multi-level approach, based on the Indonesian priorities for domestic revenue mobilization and the structures set up for this purpose. The main implementing partners are Fiscal Policy Agency (Badan Kebijakan Fiskal, BKF) and Directorate General of Taxes, DG Taxes (Direktorat Jenderal Pajak, DJP).
Four Intervention Areas of the project have been jointly identified, as follow:
- Further strengthening the capacities of BKF to improve fiscal policy formulation and carry out impact analysis of governement revenue policy in line with the Agenda 2030, through evaluating Income Tax and VAT, conducting tax gap analysis and exploring new revenue sources.
- Strengthening the capacities of BKF to evaluate and develop more comprehensive and better targeting subsidy policies, as well as fiscal incentive programs for energy efficiency and low carbon economy.
- Improving the validity and accuracy of the taxpayer database as prerequisite for a new IT system by conducting a problem analysis with regards to the taxpayer database, developing criteria and processes for cleansing the database, and developing an IT-based solution to migrate the existing database solution to migrate the existing database into a new database for the purposes of the future Core Tax System.
- Strengthening DG Tax organization to enhance tax compliance and supporting the improvement in the efficiency and the risk-based selection of tax audits.
The main responsibilities of the Result-based Monitoring (RBM) Advisor should include, but not limited, to the following areas:
- Assists the development, continuous monitoring and evaluation of DRM programme activities and impact of the four intervention areas of DRM as well as of the overall programme based on the module objectives and module indicators set in the offers, Result-Matrix, Plan of Operation and other related documents;
- Collects quantitative data on activities of DRM, including technical assistance, capacity development, trainings, workshops and other related activities, aggregates them on a regular basis as needed;
- Supports content-wise the compilation of reports and other monitoring and evaluation documentations, prepares appropriate inputs to the various programme reports and publications including annual reports;
- Supports the development of relevant baseline studies and needs assessments as well as inputs for operational plans and implementation strategies, in accordance to the Results-based Monitoring (RBM) System;
- Supports the development, monitoring and evaluation of operational planning (Plan of Operational) of the DRM programme;
- Supports the evaluation and interpretation of data collected in the context of the programme, analyze them and develop recommendations for improvement;
- Develops Project Monitoring Scheme including results table, result model, result hypothesis, strategy and monitoring/reporting formats;
- Delivers Monthly and Quarterly Monev Data;
- Conduct RBM Workshops to introduce and clarify outcome and output indicators and Reflection Workshop (se mesterly basis).
The job holder performs the following tasks:
The Result-based Monitoring Advisor should perform the Project Internal monitoring system based on RBM System as follow:
- Support the provision of technical and advisory services on Results Based Monitoring (RBM) System to DRM team members, and all involved counterparts/partners;
- Support the DRM Team and project management in relation to Results Based Monitoring;
- Assistance in planning, preparing, conducting and documenting related capacity development activities (including presentations, technical inputs for workshops, seminars etc.) according to the Result Matrix, Plan of Operations and ad hoc requests;
- Support cooperation within the DRM project team, and with other projects (Indonesia and global) related to RBM;
- Support development of related technical concepts, studies, project reports and presentation documents for DRM’s RBM;
- Support to the preparation/update the project planning document (Plan of Operation) in close consultation with DRM Advisors and counterparts/partners;
- Support the monitoring and management of contributions by counterparts/partners contributions, as well as by parties (e.g. consultants);
- Support the management of DRM related activities according to the project goals, team agreements and/or decisions made with the Principal advisor
- Support the management of DRM in all related activities in accordance with the offers, Result Matrix, Module Objectives and Indicators, and Plan of Operational as agreed with the counterparts/partners
- Assist programme evaluation missions.
In principle, the RBM Advisor should be able to:
- Contribute to the design of DRM results-based monitoring system, including:
- creating or modifying indicator reference sheets for outcome and output indicators
- preparing/updating monitoring and reporting formats.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the DRM work plan including:
- facilitating the process to finalize/update the work plan
- suggesting revisions and refinements to process indicator (milestones) definitions and Means of Verification, as needed
- creating or modifying indicator reference sheets for new or refined process indicators (at the activities level)
- Collect and manage all DRM related performance data, including the following:
- verifying achievements with DRM staff on a monthly basis
- collecting evidence of reported achievements (email, mail, in-person)
- ensure data quality
- Analyse and summarize performance monitoring data for inclusion in regular updates and reports to the DRM management team.
- Maintain the main DRM indicators database and filing system, including:
- entering and managing the collected data into the M&E database
- updating the collected data content when new data is available
- managing the DRM related data/information in the shared drive
- Compile monitoring reports from DRM Advisors and counterparts/partners.
- Present monitoring data on a monthly basis to DRM Management/Team, as required.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
The Result-based Monitoring Advisor should possess the following qualifications, competencies and experiences:
- Minimum five years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of donor-funded projects, preferable use Result-based Monitoring (RBM) framework;
- Experience developing and applying indicators of complex projects;
- Experience in data collection and data quality assurance;
- University-level degree in statistics, quantitative methods, economics, political science, mathematics, or other related fields;
- Strong team working and client relationship skills;
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise technical money documents;
- Demonstrated familiarity with research methods;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), preferable also with GIZ Document Management System (DMS);
- Experience in working with government agency, preferable in Ministry of Finance units;
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on February 19th, 2020
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: DRM – Advisor RBM
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.