The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ has been working in Indonesia since 1975 on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The project ‘”Strengthening Capacities for Policy Planning for the Implementation of the 2030 Agenda in Indonesia and in the Global South (SDGs-SSTC)” has been commissioned by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) with a value of up to 2.500.000 EUR and an implementation period until June 2023.
The Objective of the project is as follows “The capacity for action and cooperation between different state and non-state actors to implement the 2030 Agenda in Indonesia and in Indonesian development cooperation is strengthened”.
The jointly identified project outputs which complement each other are as follow:
- Continue support in strengthening the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Indonesia, and
- Strengthening the capacity of Indonesia’s outgoing cooperation in the global context through South-South and Triangular Cooperation (SSTC).
The Project applies a multi-stakeholder and multi-level approach, based on the Indonesian priorities for SDGs and South-South/Triangular Cooperation along with its structures set up for the above purposes. The main implementing partner for support to SDGs initiative is the Ministry of the National Development Planning/Bappenas, that will be chaired by the Head of the SDGs National Coordination Secretariat. As for the SSTC, the project will coordinate closely with the Task Force for Indonesian AID as the Steering Board of Indonesian Agency for International Development of South-South Cooperation Indonesia which comprises of four ministries for Foreign Affairs, National Development Planning (Bappenas), Finance and State Secretariat.
The main responsibility of the Advisor on SDGs shall include, but not limited to, the following areas:
- facilitate contacts and manage relationships with the SDG National Coordination Secretariat of Bappenas, and any relevant national and sub-national entities supporting the implementation of SDGs as agreed within the project framework;
- promote synergy and the complimentary aspects of SDGs and SSTC as the two core sectors of the project within all working technical advisory;
- perform as the focal point coordination for Output 1. Continue support in strengthening the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Indonesia, in particular for aligning SDGs initiatives at inclusive partnership, resource mobilization;
- ensures a coordinated process of SDGs inclusive partnership initiatives from sub-national to national level (1.2., 1.4, 1.5);
- support the Principal Advisor in carrying out project activities within SDGs component of the project including, data reference on inclusive partnership for the purpose on reporting and M&E in accordance the GIZ monitoring and evaluation instrument;
- assist other experts – including consultants – and performs additional duties at the request of the Principal Advisor;
- implement daily operational aspects of all issues related to SDGs component within the project framework;
- maintain of a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions, counterparts and GIZ.
- Advising the partner institution(s)
- assists a well-coordinated planning, implementation and of component Output 1. in close consultation with the SDGs National Coordination Secretariat of Bappenas as the project partner and/or other implementing agencies in Indonesia;
- prepares and implements the coordination process, joint project activities at national and sub-national level;
- work closely with relevant BAPPENAS/SDGs Secretariat officers in designing effective mechanism to implement MSP to SDGs Non-State Actors in SDGs Action Plan at national and sub-national level
- deals with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other activities of SDGs;
- facilitates in generating ideas/ initiatives for scaling up the inclusive partnership to support the implementation of SDGs in Indonesia;
- provides technical assistance to national, sub-national, local, experts and related stakeholders, on the implementation of Multi-stakeholder Partnership;
- Networking and cooperation
- supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue the SDG National Coordination Secretariat of Bappenas, relevant national and sub-national, CSOs and other non-state actors supporting the implementation of SDGs;
- facilitates regular meeting in working group, expert panels, and other relevant meetings with non-state actors with BAPPENAS/SDGs Secretariat to utilize MSP as tools to formulate SDGs Non-State Actors Action Plan, and M&E Report
- supports policy dialogue with all relevant ministries, agencies, donors and non-state actor stakeholders related with SDGs pillars, the dialogue on MSP
- communicates local interests and efforts and encourages sharing ideas and information for the benefit of the project/programme;
- expansion of MSP’s function by collaborating with faith-based organization, youth, and disability groups in SDGs implementation.
- Knowledge management
- ensures knowledge transfer of project information;
- provides background research and strategy formulation of SDGs component within the project area;
- supports the knowledge exchange on inclusive partnership of SDGs in Indonesia (supported by Germany) within GIZ, as well as with relevant Indonesian entities and agencies, institutions, international development agencies;
- ensures knowledge management and filing of relevant SDGs initiatives within the project framework: collects, processes and distributes relevant information, monitors communication and interaction between government institutions, NGOs and society through analyses of the media, direct dialogue, participation in meetings and seminars etc.
- prepares appropriate inputs for various project/programme reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office
- facilitate capacity development of the SDGs center at 4 pilot provinces to establish the Provincial SDGs Knowledge Hub and universities network and coordinates with relevant experts and stakeholders to achieve Output 1.2, 1.4. and 1.5.
- contributes to leverage the identified best practices of any SDGs initiatives at the national and sub-national level such as concretising the Multi-stakeholder Partnership of 2030 Agenda.
- Other duties/additional tasks
- performs as focal point within the project for a more consolidated and coordinated information of SDGs component
- other duties and tasks at the request of the superior
- contributes actively to a good working climate and team working within the project
- masters/MSc/MA in International Development Studies or Public Policy or area that is related to the project objectives
- at least 3 (three) years professional experience working with the SDG National Coordination Secretariat of Bappenas;
- previous professional experience in supporting the implementation as well as the documentation process of national and sub-national initiatives on SDGs implementation are assets;
- previous experience in resource mobilization with SDGs initiatives;
- familiar and proven experience in providing technical assistance to governmental, national and/or sub-national organizations, in particular on supporting the SDGs initiatives and its relevant monitoring and evaluation systems;
- excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills and ability to liaise and communicate effectively with governments
Other knowledge, additional competences
- very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- excellent written and oral knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia and English
- working knowledge of German is an asset
- willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed –corresponding measures are agreed with management
- strong organisational competence with good communication and coordination skills
- ability to work in an intercultural environment
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor of SDGs SSTC project
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 17th, 2020 with subject line SDGs SSTC – Advisor Inclusive Partnership.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified