As a part of Indonesia – German Cooperation in reducing emission from forestry sector as well as improving livelihood of rural communities a project name Peatland Management and Rehabilitation has been implemented. The project aims to develop the planning and implementation capacities to rehabilitate peat ecosystem and mangrove forest in Peatland Area in East and North Kalimantan. The module combines policy and capacity development measures. Activities are implemented at the macro-meso and micro levels (pilot measures are used here as well). Policy advice is one area in which close cooperation at National level with the Environment and Forestry Ministry is pursued.
The project expected to deliver the several basic outputs as follows:
- Integrated planning processes for the protection and sustainable management of peat ecosystems and mangrove in Peatland Area in East and North Kalimantan.
- Improved peat and wetlands ecosystems land use system/practices.
- Results from applied research and documented field experiences will be distributed at local, national and international levels.
The position is aimed to support the project in implementing and achieving its objective with the detail as follows:
- Support the project in the design and implementation of field activities/technical assistance for community based peatland Management in North Kalimantan according to the GIZ standards and in close partnership with the villagers/social forestry Institution/farmer institution/village institution.
- Support the project in achieving the project goals and field activities agreed with the partners
- To carry out field activities in a timely high-quality manner·
- To support Principal Advisor and in coordination with Advisor on Peatland Management and Rehabilitation in ensuring the contribution of the GIZ in community based peatland management by providing professional advice to villagers and partners and maintaining its communication.
- Under the coordination of Advisor on Peatland Management and Rehabilitation, support the communication and coordination with the provincial and district line agencies and other key stake holder related to Community Based Peatland Management and Rehabilitation.
- Expected to spend approx. 60% of available time in field/village in program activity implementation, 10% in coordination, communication and networking, 10% in project monitoring, evaluation and reporting and 15% in programme planning and strategy development and 5% in staff management and team building.
The Advisor Community Based Peatland Management and Rehabilitation performs the following tasks:
- Professional Advisory Service
- Implement project activities at the district and field level in accordance to approved work plan and budget.
- Conduct pilot project in the village related to Paludiculture/sustainable peatland management.
- Facilitate to organize outreach, training, workshop and seminar at Village and district level in Paludiculture/sustainable peatland Management.
- Facilitate in establishing community/village institution/social forestry institution in paludiculture/sustainable peatland management.
- Conduct case studies/action research, as required and document the process and key findings
- Coordination, communicating and Networking
- Coordinate with district line agencies and other key stakeholders in planning and implementing field level activities in a coordinated way to ensure adequate programme synergies and to leverage resources.
- Coordinate with district government line agencies, local NGOs, and private sector, and other relevant networks for greater learning and new ideas, lessons learned and good practices.
- Participate in relevant events organized by other stakeholders at the district level and cross learning both within and outside the project
- Bachelor’s in agriculture/forestry/Natural Resource Management or other relevant study.
- Professional Experience
- 5 years of experiences especially in the Paludiculture/community organizer will have an advantage.
- Good conceptual, inter-personal, communication, negotiation, co-ordination, facilitation and representation skills.
- Knowledge and skills to use participatory tools and methods
- Strong interest to work on issues related to agriculture technology, Paludiculture, peat management, livelihood enhancement and food security.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Other knowledge and additional competencies and Personal Specifications
- Self-motivated with time and stress management skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to take responsibility, meet deadlines and make progress with minimum supervision
- Willing to travel extensively to the project implemented sites to conduct trainings, monitoring and evaluation, and other field research and able to adjust and work in tough field situations.
- Capacity and willingness to learn new skills, research methods, and work routines under the mentorship of Advisor.
- Good oral and written communications in English and Indonesia.
Duty Station: Samarinda, East Kalimantan
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 06th October, 2020.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: PROPEAT – CB.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.