The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organisation which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world. For more than 40 years, GIZ has been working jointly with partners in Indonesia. Currently, GIZ works with over 300 employees in Indonesia, of whom over 80 per cent are national personnel. In the context of the bilateral development cooperation between the Governments of Germany and Indonesia, the Innovation and Investment for Inclusive Sustainable Economic Development (ISED) Project will assist to improve the human resources, institutional and regulatory conditions for green employment in the electricity sector with special focus on Renewable Energy.
- Conducting activities to improve skill development that promotes inclusive employment in the Renewable Energy (RE) sector, in accordance with the: (i) the commission, (ii) field of activity’s objectives, (iii) activities agreed with the partner and (iv) agreement with the superior.
- Communicating closely with partners in the RE sector, i.e., private sectors, TVET institutions, ministries, as well as associations to explore/expand cooperation opportunities and awareness-raising on the topics of labour-market oriented skill development and digital innovation in skills development.
- Providing professional advice to partners and cooperating with important stakeholders.
- Conducting technical and administrative tasks relevant to the area of responsibility.
- Ensuring strong linkages of activities, results, and experience with other fields of activities in the Project and government priorities.
- Providing support to Safeguard and Gender activities in the Project.
1. Professional Advisory Services
a. Together with relevant Advisors in the Project, conducts activities related to labour-market oriented skills:
- Conducts needs assessment and analysis
- Conducts skill gap analysis and assess the capacity of TVET institutions
- Enhances capacity of TVET institution and private sectors skill development to match labour market needs
- Establishes sustainable partnership between relevant stakeholders of labour-market oriented skills (TVET, private sector, ministries, association, etc)
- Identify potential digital innovation in the skills development;
b. Defines terms of reference (TOR), selects and supervises contracted third parties who carry out selected project activities (including the performance evaluation);
c. Conceptualises, prepares, implements and follows-up on workshops, seminars, field visits and other events of the project;
d. Monitors activities and their impact in the area of responsibility;
e. Develops and organises quality assurance measures and implements necessary changes, improvement, and initiatives in coordination with the relevant Advisors in the Project;
f. Develops and prepares all necessary documents and communication materials that will be used in above activities and initiatives according to delegation and timeline.
2. Networking and Cooperation
- Identifies and establishes contacts with relevant projects/programmes, institutions and persons;
- Supports project level networking and communication with counterparts;
- Follow-up area of responsibility related documentation and reporting with counterparts.
3. Support to Project Management
- Ensures that activities in the area of responsibility are integrated into the overall project planning and implementation.
4. Digital Innovation
- Coordinates all digitalisation and digital transformation specific activities of ISED project as ISED’s digital innovation focal person;
- Develops innovative digital approaches to promote skill development in RE and its labour market conditions, including development of RE start-ups;
- Collaborates with relevant Advisors in the Project as well as stakeholders to promote digital innovation in all ISED solutions for its 3-pillar partnership, i.e.: private sector, public sector, and vocational/education institutions;
- Provides supports and digital expertise to Heads of Output to ensure ISED activities are in line with GIZ digital initiatives;
- Lends digital expertise in executing ISED activities, such as workshops, meetings, and other exchanges as delegated by management (use of relevant applications, tools, platforms);
5. Support to Knowledge Management
- Compiles information about policy, strategies and regulations relevant for area of responsibility;
- Contributes to the knowledge management materials of ISED (guidelines, manuals and procedures) that support employment promotion in the RE sector;
- Prepares input to various project reports/publications including annual progress reports as required by the Principal Advisor and GIZ Headquarters;
6. Other Duties/ Additional Tasks
- Conducts relevant support to the Heads of Outputs;
- Conducts field visits to the regions in accordance with the requirements of the area of responsibility;
- Independently manages other duties relevant for the area of responsibility at the request of management;
- Carries out other relevant tasks as assigned by the Principal Advisor;
- Treats ISED documents, information, and operations as confidential.
- University bachelor/master’s degree in information technology, computer science, development studies, or any related field.
- Minimal 4 years of professional working experience relevant to labour market training and digital innovation;
- Proficiency in digital platform and relevant applications/programmes;
- Interest in skill development/employment and labour market;
- Working experience with international development organisations, consultancies, bilateral agencies is an asset.
Other Knowledge and Additional Competencies
- Excellent command of MS-Office;
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems;
- Language skills: Excellent English skills required, German is an asset;
- Excellent communication and networking skills;
- Soft skills such as teamwork, problem-solving, mediation and communication skills are essential;
- Ability to work to deadlines;
- Willingness to up-skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: Asap
Direct Supervisor: Senior Advisor for Policy Advice and Partnership
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 September 2021 with subject line ISED – Advisor
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.