The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German implementing organization which provides services worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ has years involvement in the area of renewable energy in Indonesia.
GIZ is currently implementing a project, funded by the International Climate Initiative (ICI) of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU), called “Strategic Exploration of Economic Mitigation Potentials through Renewables’ or ExploRE. The project aims to enhance strategic options on the renewable energies (RE) in the energy, climate, development and financial sectors and to help create a more coherent environment between key players.
The project organizes the activities in Indonesia under four outputs. Those are:
- RE deployment strategy
- Political instruments and financial environment
- Institutional building
- Act as a bioenergy advisor in the energy and climate cluster with close coordination with key advisor for RE Technology
- Support activities related to bioenergy from agro-industrial waste, particularly in the field of bioenergy related policy framework for Indonesia.
- Improve framework conditions for uptake of bioenergy, e.g. through more effective collaboration between key players to create new / additional options to utilize agrowaste, in accordance with the project’s mandate.
- Facilitate the implementation of public – private activities with focus on biomass and biogas applications in the agro-industry.
- Support for local content development (TKDN) activity for bioenergy
- Support key advisor for RE technology for pilot project implementation in bioenergy
Coordination, Networking and Management
Represent the project on the issue of bioenergy with project partners, in accordance with project mandate
Develop, maintain contacts and foster dialogue with other national stakeholders such as Indonesian ministries (e.g. Bappenas, DJK, MoF) NGOs, Indonesian and RE international technology providers (especially agro-industries), association, project developers and donors
Develop Terms of References (ToR) for external consultants related to bioenergy
Supervise the national consultants and service providers related to bioenergy in pursuance of fixed deliverables
Monitor project progress, assess and review technical reports and documents concerning project progress, determine bottlenecks and recommend alternative courses of management action to the principal advisor
Documentation of concept implementation and strategy in coordination with KIM advisor for monitoring & reporting
2. Project Implementation
Support key advisor for RE Technology to oversee, monitor and evaluate the implementation of bioenergy related pilot projects
· Identify and describe scaling up options of project activities jointly with stakeholders
Ensure scaling up options are included in strategic development for bioenergy in Indonesia
Supervise the technical and economic feasibility assessment of suitable pilot projects in coordination with ExploRE team and external consultants.
Research and evaluate innovative bioenergy technologies under Indonesian market conditions, in collaboration with KIM advisor
3. Local Content Development
· Support local content activity by preparing workshop and focus group discussion with close coordination with Directorate General for New and Renewable Energy and Energy Conservation (DG NREEC)
· Developing local content database, regulation evaluation and recommendation in coordination with technical consultant
· Coordinate and communicate closely with various stakeholder, such as Ministry of Industrial, academic, manufacturer, vendors and association for local content activity.
4. Knowledge management
Stay abreast of developments in global and Indonesian approaches for renewable energies and climate
Document experience from pilot projects (challenges and best practices) for policy input and review
Prepare presentation materials such as brochures, fact sheet and power-point presentations as outputs from pilot project results, RE technology evaluations or other related activities, in cooperation with KIM advisor
Contribute to project planning, monitoring and RE strategy development, in cooperation with other advisors
5. Other duties / additional tasks
Subject to discussions with the Principal Advisor and key advisor of RE Technology, the Advisor may be allocated for additional tasks and other duties for shorter periods.
- Science orientated master’s degree in environmental or engineering or comparable with good understanding of economic and technical aspects of bioenergy. Prior experience in energy-related private sector in Indonesia as well as international R&D institutions is advantageous.
- 3 years working experience in related field.
- Very good communication skills with national stakeholders and experience in working in an international organisation
- Focussed and proactive working attitude
- Familiar with the major issues of renewable energy in Indonesia, ideally with previous exposure to international R&D institutions.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Very good knowledge of English, including writing capabilities, very good knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia;
- Availability to travel within Indonesia for short-term project visits
Duty Station: Jakarta
Expect to join: a.s.a.p.
Direct Report: Principal Advisor of the ExploRE Project
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on June 21st, 2019.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: ExploRE – Advisor Bioenergy
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified