The Forests and Climate Change Program (FORCLIME) supports the Government of Indonesia in its endeavour to mitigate the effects of climate change through forestry sector reform, capacity development and implementation of best management practices for sustainable forest management and biodiversity conservation. Field-based activities are being supported in selected districts of the provinces of Papua, West Papua and Central Sulawesi to Reduce Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation (“REDD” activities) and develop a forest-based bioeconomy. FORCLIME is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by GIZ (German International Cooperation) with the Indonesian Ministry of Forestry as the Program Executing Agency.
The Programme’s overall objective is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the forest sector while improving the livelihoods of Indonesia’s poor rural communities in Eastern Indonesia. To achieve this goal, the Programme team assists the Indonesian Government and provincial authorities in designing and implementing legal, policy and institutional reforms for the conservation and sustainable management of forests, at local, provincial and national level. Support to mobilize climate finance for forest resource management are a feature of the programme, providing decision-makers with experience of how REDD can be implemented “on the ground”.
- Support and backstop for Capacity building in the field of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) for the staff of the provincial forestry services and other relevant stakeholders (for ex. UPT KLHK in the pilot provinces, local universities, SMK Kehutanan). This capacity building comprises the support of related activities of the forestry services as well as the preparation and conduction of trainings.
- The Technical advisor will work closely together with the Junior advisor on GIS in Tanah Papua working on remote sensing and GIS, additionally he will cooperate closely with PUSDIKLAT and BD LHK Makassar on GIS training development related issues, including remote sensing/drones and other new mapping technologies.
- The Technical advisor will be involved in the support for the E-Learning system in PUSDIKLAT and BDLHK Makassar and other stakeholders (for ex. Local universities, SMK Kehutanan) and provide advice and inputs regarding its basic infrastructure, network setup and data management, working closely together with FORCLIME IT manager in Jakarta.
- The Technical Adviser will also conduct the GIS/remote sensing-based program monitoring for BMZ reporting, analysing and summarizing program development in the intervention areas of German development cooperation.
- In addition, the technical adviser will support GIZ planning, logistical and administrative matters in Bogor and Jakarta
GIS and E-Learning adviser
- Conducts general spatial data investigation and support/backstop mapping activities within FORCLIME intervention areas and for BMZ reporting
- Prepares and conduct workshops and trainings related to E-learning, GIS, data collection and sharing.etc in cooperation with the HCD component of the programme.
- Support and backstops the provincial forestry departments to conduct forest mapping and other spatial analyses
- Facilitates Forests and Climate Change Programme (FORCLIME) activities related to E-Learning and supports activities conducted by partners of Forests and Climate Change Programme
- Liaises with government officials, NGOs and other stakeholders and participates in meetings relevant to E-Learning
- Provides support for logistics for GIZ FORCLIME and visitors.
Other duties/additional tasks
- Produces maps and information material (include article for FORCLIME website) as needed
- Supports the provision of logistics for FORCLIME staff and visitors activities in Bogor
- Provides support to organizational and management matters.
- Regularly communicates with the FORCLIME team members, and participates in regular team meetings.
- Conduct IT support in the office in cooperation with the IT manager from Jakarta, if required.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- Masters/Bachelor degree in Forestry, Geography or related field
- Extensive working experience in the GIS and remote sensing, preferably in the forestry sector.
- Exposure to E-Learning initiatives and relevant IT systems such as Moodle, multi media application
- Advanced experiences in GIS data analysis and management (inventories and databases) as well as in giving trainings; experiences in remote sensing and/or drone handling
- Experience in working with international agencies, preferably GIZ.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
- Extensive knowledge on GIS/ remote sensing and E-learning software.
- Willingness to travel regularly.
- Able to work independently
- Good English skills
- Communication skills especially communication with government employee.
Duty Station: Bogor
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Strategic Area Manager 3
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date to submit the application letter is on December 15th, 2021.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: FORCLIME – GIS
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.