The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German federal enterprise. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world.
Since 2013, GIZ and the International Placement Services (Zentrale Auslands- und Fachvermittlung, ZAV) of the German Federal Employment Agency (Bundesagentur für Arbeit, BA) cooperate in the joint programme “Triple Win” for the recruitment of nurses from third countries for placement of work in Germany.
In Indonesia, the annual number of graduate nurses surpasses the domestic demand on the labour market, and Indonesian nurses show interest in a career abroad. While in Germany, the nursing sector is facing a significant shortage of nurses, which is projected to still grow in the future. According to expert estimates, the nursing sector will need 150,000 new nurses by 2025.
In July 2021, the Indonesian Migrant Workers Protection Board of the Republic of Indonesia (BP2MI) and the Federal Employment Agency (Bundesagentur für Arbeit, BA) have forged an agreement on the Placement and Protection of Indonesian Health Professional in the Federal Republic of Germany. The objective is to establish a safe, orderly and regular mechanism for the recruitment and placement of Indonesian nurses for work in Germany. The placement agreement will be implemented in cooperation with BP2MI through the “Triple Win” programme.
Part of the implementation of the programme in Indonesia is to support the nurses with information surrounding the health system, nursing profession, nursing theory, concept dan model in Germany etc. This information shall be delivered to the nurses in form of nursing courses prior to the nurse’s departure to Germany. GIZ is seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for this position.
The main responsibility of the Administrative Specialist shall include, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Ensure that financial administration and administrative procedures of the Triple Win Programme are properly implemented in accordance with GIZ standards
- In coordination with the senior advisor (coordinator) ensures and controls the quality of internal management services related administration (contracts, travel & event, procurement of goods, inventory, and IT) based on PuR
- Manage adequately project finance/admin documentation as well as knowledge dissemination, including filing of documents in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules
- Maintain good communication and flow of information about administrative issues within the project/programme and with the GIZ Country Office Indonesia and Triple Win Germany
- Ensures a smooth and uninterrupted functioning of the office site through organized and coordinated work mechanisms, effective problem-solving of day-to-day concerns, and the provision, through the appropriate administration-related reports, of critical inputs for management decision.
- Office Administration
- Oversees all administrative and logistical arrangements of the programme
- Technical Support – Assists the Nurses in preparation of documents for translation and visa, filing of application for recognition at the competent authorities in Federal Republic of Germany and support possible certification of nurse’s documents at the German Embassy Jakarta.
- Administrative Support – Support in the organization and preparation of the following:
- Support in Meeting Preparation by arranging meeting schedule and reserving meeting room.
- Conducts Clerical duties such as filing, responding to e-mails and preparing documents.
- Maintains office supplies by checking and maintenance (on-site) inventory
- Finance Financial Administration and Cash Management
- Monitor accounting process, performs financial administration, and provides support to budget preparation/ request of funds
- maintains and operate daily petty cash flow and daily bank transaction for payments with value up to EUR 2.500 prior approval from the Principal Advisor and/or delegated officer
- Collecting and preparing proper receipts for bookkeeping, calculations, indicating its cost classification, and recording it into Winpaccs cash/bankbook a daily basis
- Prepares service request for reimbursement, allowance, and Invoice payment among others.
- Responsible for cash management in accordance with the receipts presented on a daily base.
- Collects, prepares, and verifies proper accounting receipts and its supporting document incl. arithmetically correctness and arranges the payment.
- Supervises and guides the preparations for the annual Internal Control as well as ensures that the results and recommendations are applied
- Support the monitoring of income and expenditure, and monthly cash reconciliation
- Ensuring the completeness of supporting documents and verifying vouchers, incl. materially correctness for bank transactions (‘prepared’)
- Preparing procurement for service and goods with value up to EUR 2,500, in coordination with the requesting team members and in compliance with GIZ Rules and Regulations
- Administrative and financial handling of service provision contracts and the procurement of goods below EUR 2,500
- Following up third party receivable and monthly Error Sheet and office journal invoices
- Settling advances for all travel and event-related matters
- monitors real accounts (payables, TPR/receivables), Obligo, Error Sheets follow up and reports regularly to the Principal Advisor and Senior Advisor (Coordinator)
- Event Management
- Manage logistics and documentation of meetings, workshops, recruitment interview and other programme activities inside and outside the office
- Manage the logistical aspects of national and international visit
- Contracts and Procurement
- Prepare, arrange and follow-up contracts and procurements for local consultants based on ToR with the respective GIZ units (country office)
- Monitor the status of contract implementation and payment by using a database
- Coordinate and communicate with contract officer in the country office
- Monitor and follow up the possible tax exemption/restitution process
- File contract documents where required according to PuR
- Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the team leader
- Contributes actively to a good working climate and team working within the programme
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Accounting, business administration or equivalent
- at least 3 years of experience in similar or equivalent positions
- good understanding of GIZ Processes and Rules (PuR) regarding financial and administrative management is an asset
- experience working in development organizations similar to GIZ and with relevant government and international entities is highly desirable
Other knowledge, requirements and additional competences
- proficiency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and oral. German proficiency is an asset.
- good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. Office 365)
- excellent understanding on accounting and financial operations (bills & voucher checking, payment processing, planning)
- must be a strong team player, organized, detail oriented and efficient.
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
- Reputation of integrity, credibility and firmness
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: January 2023
Direct Supervisor: Senior Advisor (Coordinator)/DV of Triple Win Project
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter, comprehensive resume (including trainings and list of references) as attachments to email@example.com by December 15th, 2022, with subject line Triple Win – Administrative Specialist.
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference) – the attachments are not more than 300 KB.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified