The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ has been working in Indonesia since 1975 on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Indonesia faces major challenges in mobilising domestic resources for its continued sustainable development. Despite steady economic growth averaging 5.6%, the average rate of taxation over the last five years has been extremely low compared to other countries, at just 11%. Overall, the conditions in place for financing the national implementation of the 2030 Agenda in the areas of fiscal policy and tax administration are insufficient. Based on this scenario, the Indonesian and German Governments have agreed to collaborate in the framework of the project ‘Domestic Resource Mobilization for Sustainable Development’ (DRM) in order to address some of the described challenges in the spirit of the global development partnership between the two countries.
The objective of this Indonesian-German project DRM is as follows: The conditions for financing the national implementation of the 2030 Agenda in the areas of fiscal policy and tax administration have improved.
The project operates at the national level and focuses on four fields of activity:
- the capacities of the Indonesian Fiscal Policy Agency, FPA (or Badan Kebijakan Fiskal, BKF) to draft tax legislation and to assess the impacts thereof are strengthened in line with the 2030 Agenda;
- the capacities of FPA/BKF to develop and evaluate subsidy and fiscal incentive programmes are strengthened in line with the 2030 Agenda.
- the necessary conditions to improve the validity of the tax register are created by Directorate General of Tax (or Direktorat Jenderal Pajak, DJP), and
- the capacities of the tax authorities (DJP) to improve tax compliance are strengthened.
The German contribution to DRM is up to 6.000.000 EUR and the timespan to achieve the jointly defined objective and outputs is four years. The project was supposed to be launched in the second half of 2017, but the implementation was delayed until May 2019 due to administrative challenges regarding the related diplomatic notes between Indonesia and Germany.
The main responsibility of the Administrative Professional shall include, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Provide administration and management supports in the implementation of the project activities.
- Review the contract document related to the project consultants and contractors.
- Monitor project progress, assess and review administration documents concerning project progress, determine bottlenecks and recommend alternative courses of management action to the Principal Advisor.
- Prepare reports, related to project finance and contract administration.
- Initiate and maintain communication and cooperation between the Project and key implementing partners, in particular BKF and DJP, in close cooperation with the Project Advisors and consultants.
- Provide inputs to project management in term of project finance and contract administration.
- Support the process of administrative aspects of the project procurement and contract
- Supports on coordination between the DRM project and GIZ Country Office of Indonesia (COI) in term of the process of the project procurement and contract;
- In coordination with the Project Management Consultant, support on preparation of the project procurement requirements including Service Request, comprehensible description of the service and deliverables, deadlines, specification of inputs (including number of working days and budget), technical assessment and qualifications required as well as any technical justification needed;
- Support on preparation of the project contract (with STEs and companies) requirements, includes making communication with consultant, contractors, STEs and companies for the project procurement and contract.
- Support for managing finance for the implementation of project activities
- Coordinates with GIZ country office staffs, DRM staffs and Advisors related to finance issues of project activities.
- Coordinates with consultant, contractors, STEs and companies related to the payment and disbursement process and procedures of project works and activities.
- Support on the project payment and disbursement requirements as well as any justification needed.
- Management and Coordination
In close cooperation with the Principal Advisor and Project Advisors:
- Support operational of DRM by preparing inputs for activities, and contribute to budget planning for these activities
- Develop Service Request for contracted third parties (e.g. external consultants and/or service providers)
- Monitor contracted third parties according to agreed deliverables as stated in ToR
- Monitor project progress, assess and review reports and documents concerning the finance and administration and recommend alternative courses of management action to the Principal Advisor
- contribute to the result-based monitoring system for DRM by collecting data and reporting against project indicators (progress reporting), as input for annual reporting towards the partner and the donor
- Networking and Cooperation
In close coordination with the Principal Advisor and Project Advisors:
- Develop and maintain close contacts with key implementing partners
- Develop and maintain contacts and information exchange between DRM project and other relevant stakeholders
- Knowledge management and dissemination
- Prepare materials such as documents, spreadsheet and power-point presentations related project activities in term of finance and contract.
- Provide inputs to and develop ideas for knowledge products to be developed jointly with the communications unit of the GIZ / the Principal Advisor and Project Advisors.
- Other duties / additional tasks
- Subject to discussions with the Principal Advisor and Project Advisors may be allocated additional tasks and other duties for shorter periods.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in economics, finance, accounting, business administration, or management.
- The ideal candidate would have the following skillset:
- Project finance and accounting
- Project management
- Additional qualifications in DRM and SDGs / 2030 agenda are of advantage
- Good working knowledge of IT, communication technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Very good communication skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia, including speaking and writing
- 5 years prior working experience in project finance, project contract or project management is advantageous
- Insight into the International Development Cooperation work
- Experience in activity preparation, coordination and organization
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Focused, proactive and positive working attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a global team
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to encourage collaboration with other programs, international offices, and partners
- Aware of social and intercultural sensitivities, flexible and possess a sense of diplomacy
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high quality work products
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: As soon as possible
Direct Supervisor: DRM Principle Advisor
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on December 7th, 2020
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: DRM – AP
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa _CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.