The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations on behalf of the German Government.
The project “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle to Protect the Marine Environment and Coral Reefs” supports the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) member states in the improvement of implementation capacities for reducing land-based waste leakage to protect the seas. The project outcome includes four output areas. Based on the “ASEAN Framework of Action on Marine Debris” the regional cooperation and knowledge management among the ASEAN working groups will be enhanced. The second area of activity focuses on the development of national measures for waste leakage reduction within the focal ASEAN member states (Indonesia, Philippines, Viet Nam and Cambodia) as well as their transmission to strategies on local level. The third area of activity focuses on involving the private sector to develop approaches for waste leakage reduction along the value chain. Pilot projects along the value chain from sustainable consumption to enhanced waste collection and recycling will be implemented in a fourth area of activity in selected municipalities.
to coordinate all administrative tasks including organizing travel for staff and partners, support for organizing events, support to monitoring and evaluation for the project as well as to provide admin support to our project staff in Cambodia, the Philippines, and Viet Nam.
- The incumbent is the chief aide of the Project Leader.
- Ensures a smooth and uninterrupted functioning of the office site through organized and coordinated work mechanisms, effective problem-solving of day-to-day concerns, and the provision, through the appropriate administration-related reports, of critical inputs for management decision.
- Liaise and work closely with the project team in Cambodia, the Philippines, and Viet Nam.
- Office Administration
- Oversees all administrative and logistical arrangements of the project
- Manages local procurement, IT and database systems and infrastructure
- Organizes communication network of the project office, both external and internal
- Oversees work of support personnel
- Takes over work of other administrative staff and/or other tasks relevant to the job or organization unit when the need arises and participates in task teams and other corporate entrepreneurial or strategy-linked endeavors
- Finance and Accounting
- Monitors accounting process, performs financial administration and provides support to budget preparation;
- Operate petty cash including maintaining cash book, monitor the daily cash flow record for transaction;
- Responsible for cash management in accordance to the receipts presented on a daily base;
- Arrange and execute monthly payment such us office operational (mobile phone, internet/email and other fee) and its administration;
- Checks incoming invoices and arranges the payment;
- Event Management
- Manage logistics and documentation of meetings, workshops, seminars and other project activities inside and outside the office
- Coordinate equipment etc. required for meetings with the responsible technical person
- Coordinate project’s events and activities
- Manage the logistical aspects of national and international delegations
- Contract and Procurement
- Prepare, arrange and follow-up contracts and procurements for local consultants based on ToR with the respective GIZ units (country office)
- Monitor the status of contract implementation and payment by using a database
- Coordinate and communicate with contract officer in the country office
- Monitor and follow up the tax exemption process for contracts and procurement
- File contract documents where required according to O&R
- Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the project leader
- Contributes actively to a good working climate and team working within the project
- University degree in relevant field: accounting, management or business administration, office management or equivalent experience
- At least five (5) years professional experience in a secretarial or executive assistance role.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Excellent communication skills and spoken and written English and Bahasa Indonesia
- High proficiency with/ excellent command of MS Office
- Expertise in office administration and familiarity with finance and accounting principles and processes
- Ability to work in an intercultural environment
- Reputation of integrity, credibility and firmness
Duty Station: Jakarta
Joining Date: a.s.a.p.
Direct Supervisor: Project leader of 3RproMar Project
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including trainings and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1st, 2021 with subject line 3RproMar – Administrative Professional
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa _Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa _Reference) – the attachments are not more than 300 KB.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified