J-PAL Southeast Asia, based at the Institute for Economic and Social Research at the Faculty of Economics and Business at the University of Indonesia (LPEM FEB UI), seeks a qualified applicant for the position of Administrative Associate. The Administrative Associate will support the operations of the office as well as monitor human subjects research ethical standards of J-PAL SEA’s research projects and their compliance to the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
The Administrative Associate will be exposed to various tasks, not limited to support:
- Office management, but also to work with the verticals (Research, Policy & Training, and Finance & Operations) to develop the procedures in order to achieve the Organization’s goals.
- The IRB, to support the general development of the IRB within the institution. As an administrator, they will support the IRB Chairperson and other IRB members by providing professional analytical and technical assistance while interacting closely with researchers.
The responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Office Operations:
- Office Policy and Guideline: Support the development of the office policy and guideline;
- Contact management: Ongoing maintenance of J-PAL’s Salesforce database, including entering and updating contacts (i.e., projects, donors, and initiatives), Vendor Management;
- Event planning: In a close coordination with the Policy and the Research team, the Administrative Associate will provide the logistical support (invitations, catering, AV, facilities, materials preparation, accommodations) as needed for a wide range of trainings, dissemination of the research results, randomized evaluations workshops or webinars;
- Administration: Maintain a central filing system, inventory of office supplies and asset, and oversee the maintenance of the office equipment and its facilities;
- Travel: Liaise with travel agent and assist all staff to prepare travel arrangements such as flights and lodging for either domestic or international travel;
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) Development:
- Analyze and review ethical clearance applications of J-PAL research projects for the IRB to ensure completeness and compliance with appropriate regulations, institutional policies, and IRB guidelines;
- Support the development of IRB within the institution, assisting in the preparation of materials, including drafting guidelines, policy, and procedure;
- Correspond with researchers, articulating required modifications to study documentation, including informed consent forms, in order to secure IRB approval, and requesting additional information needed before approval can be considered;
- Develop and participate in training and educational activities on human research protections that are presented to researchers and administrators;
- Conduct monitoring of approved human research projects;
- Maintain active knowledge of evolving laws, regulations, policies, and ethical norms that are applicable to human research activities through continuous professional development.
- Education: A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (Management, Business Administration, Psychology, Communications, Economics, and other related fields). Knowledge of and experience in supporting administration of a research institution or international organization is a plus.
- Experience: This position requires a minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience, but fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- Analytical thinking: Able to display analytical thinking in writing, executing tasks, and applying regulations, policies and guidelines for the general office operations and protection of human subjects.
- Communication: Attention to detail, clear, precise, in articulating the procedure and regulations.
- Work Management: Proven ability to handle several different projects/tasks at one time, successfully complete tasks assigned, and meet deadlines. A willingness to work hard, be self-motivated and learn will be essential for doing well in this position.
- Languages: Ability to write and speak fluently in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Orientation to Details: Strong ability to manage a time-sensitive workflow while maintaining absolute accuracy with details.
- The incumbent of the position should not engage in any kind of discriminatory behavior, including gender discrimination and ensure that any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all actions.
How to Apply
Please send an email to email@example.com by August 31, 2022 following these instructions exactly:
- Use the following as the email subject line: “J-PAL SEA, Administrative Associate.” Please do not include any other text in the body of the e-mail. Adding extra text will interfere with the processing of your application;
- Attach PDF copies of your CV, relevant education diploma, academic transcripts, and a cover letter no longer than 500 words. The cover letter should discuss how you meet the aforementioned position requirements, emphasizing relevant skills and experience, as well as why you are interested in working with J-PAL SEA.
Short-listed applicants will be asked to complete a written exercise and may subsequently be called in for a virtual interview.