Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area – GIZ International Services – is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients. Our Private Sector Clients team works at the dynamic interface between the private sector and international cooperation.
As part of a new project in Indonesia, we are developing innovative concepts to strengthen regional waste management systems and expand existing plastic waste value chains. The aim of the project “Bersih Indonesia” is to sustainably reduce the plastic waste leakage into the environment by improving the waste management systems of Malang. The pilot phase in Malang will be followed by two scale-up projects in the regencies of Magelang and Sukabumi. In cooperation with regional authorities, the project seeks to improve the collection and treatment of municipal waste through systemic concepts and infrastructural measures, thereby reducing the harmful impact of waste on the environment. The development of regional waste strategies will be supported by a comprehensive monitoring approach of regional (plastic) waste streams and innovative business and financing models involving all relevant stakeholders. The long-term success of the measures is to be additionally ensured by the establishment of regional public waste management authorities.
- Ensure proper financial and administrative management according to GIZ rules and regulations
- Deal with all questions arising in the areas of arranging, locating and facilitate payments
- Identifying relevant problems and issues and assisting in formulating implementation-oriented solutions
- Effectively coordinates with the staff of the finance team at the projects and country office
- Ensure data entries in Winpaccs and archiving the vouchers in line with GIZ guideline
- Managing knowledge by disseminating and documenting know-how, experience and information
- Coordinating of all administrative and logistic arrangements of project activities (meetings, seminars, trainings, workshops etc.)
- Coordinating and cooperating with the partner organisations / beneficiaries
- Managing inventory according to the regulations.
- Vehicle management such as movement register, calculation of monthly fuel consumption, supervision of repair and maintenance
- Organizing transportation, accommodation and other logistic support of visitors of the project
- Manages domestic travel of all project personnel
- Monitoring availability of supplies and performs procurement-related activities up to the specified guideline amount
- Assists in contract initiation, preparation and finalization-related activities up to the specified amount.
- Assists in all required administrative tasks to maintain regulatory compliance of the GIZ country office in Jakarta.
- Reporting of all problems involving administration and regulations to the Team Leader.
Finances and Accounting
- Ensures timely availability of funds for project activities.
- Receives and arithmetically corrects invoices and processes payment from the branch office bank account in accordance with GIZ regulations.
- Assists in monitoring fund expenditure in accordance with the budget
- Reviews and certifies the contractors’ financial documents in line with the budget and gives recommendations for final voucher preparation and possible reimbursement
- Calculates travel claims and reimburses accordingly
- Performs monthly accounting and financial planning of the project
- Monitors real accounts (payables, receivables) and reporting accordingly.
- Processes settlement of applications for the reimbursement of projects travel expenses
- Manages financial administration, such as recording of cash book, bank book, receipts preparation and registration
- Producing daily and monthly cash stock (denomination) for checking of the cash, bank book
- Maintaining the filing for Financial Section confidentially
- Operating petty cash including maintaining cash book, monitor the daily cash flow record and the level of liquidity
- Maintain tax and VAT calculation, ensure timely payment to government treasury and maintain proper archiving.
- Ensures regulatory compliances for the branch office including maintaining communication with audit firm to make sure bi-yearly, quarterly and yearly returns are done properly. This includes reviewing reports and both way communication with the audit firm.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- Immediately report all problems involving finance and administrative regulations without delay.
- Participates in projects’ and office finance and admin team meetings to understand needs and ensure smooth supports.
- Keep him/herself updated with the changes in P+R and update the project where needed.
- Assist is branch office extension process.
- Assists in and/or carries out other project activities and other tasks as assigned by the Project
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Accounting or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in similar or equivalent positions
- Good understanding of GIZs’ rules and regulations regarding financial and administrative management is an asset
- Experience working in development organizations similar to GIZ and with relevant government and international entities is highly desirable
Other knowledge, requirements and additional competences
- Proficiency in English and Bahasa Indonesia, both written and oral;
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. Office 365)
- Excellent understanding on accounting and financial operations (bills & voucher checking, payment processing, planning)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the capacity to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities.
- Proven negotiation skills with internal and external audiences including in complex and stressful circumstances.
- Must be a strong team player, organized and efficient.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Duty Station: Jakarta or Malang
Joining Date: As soon as possible
Direct Supervisor: Team Leader
How to Apply
Please submit your motivation letter and comprehensive resume (including training and list of references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5th, 2021 with subject line BI – AFP
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate] (i.e: Nakula Sadewa_CV or Nakula Sadewa_Motivation Letter or Nakula Sadewa_Reference)
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.