Yayasan Emas Artisanal Indonesia (YEAI) is the local affiliate of the Artisanal Gold Council (AGC) a not-for-profit organization based out of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada dedicated to the sustainable development of artisanal and small-scale gold mining (ASGM) communities in the developing world.
Sustainable Development of the Artisanal and Small-scale Gold Mining (ASGM) in Indonesia is a 5-year project (2015-2019) that AGC is implementing for Global Affairs Canada in partnership with Indonesia NGOs.
The project aims to improve incomes, health, and the environment of the vulnerable and marginalized men and women dependent on the artisanal and small-scale gold mining (ASGM) economy in proposed target areas in Central Kalimantan, North Sulawesi, and other provinces in Indonesia. The project improves mining, environmental, and social practices for men and women involved in the ASGM, including identifying alternatives to mercury use. The project also supports targeted provincial government to better collaborate with the formal extractive sector and supports the formalization of ASGM activities through legal trade of responsible artisanal gold and value-added products in domestic and international markets. Activities include: (1) provide training on better practices for men and women miners; (2) provide training on targeted government and civil society groups on ASGM regulation and management; (3) establish collaborative mechanisms with other relevant initiatives promoting responsible gold and diversification of the ASGM economy. This initiative supports the Government of Indonesia’s implementation of the Minamata Convention on mercury, which both Canada and Indonesia signed in 2013.
General Position Summary
The Administration Officer will be responsible for supporting the administrative functions for the AGC office, ensuring efficient administrative support to project and staff. The person will carry out administrative work for the program support. Specific tasks include dealing with all travel logistics, managing all filing, faxing, and mailing; organizing events such as meetings, trainings, workshops, seminars, and providing both written and oral translations Bahasa Indonesia – English. Computer skills are required, must be an independent thinker and have strong organization skills; demonstrated experience scheduling and managing staff and local partners from several provinces.
- At least two years’ experience in administrative support role;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Fluency in both verbal and written English communication;
- Ability to exercise professional judgment, multi-tasking, planning, problem solving, coordination and prioritization skills;
- Demonstrated high standards of professionalism, stewardship, objectivity, discretion, sound judgement, and attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, and work independently and cooperatively with team members;
- Highly developed computer skills with strong familiarity with networking and Microsoft packages;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential for this position.