The Administration and Finance Officer will be working under the direct supervision of Project Manager. S/he will be responsible for the administrative functions as well as finance and procurement. The main purpose of the job is to ensure the administration, finance and procurement needs of the operation are met in a timely fashion and in compliance with the applicable organizational SOPs, policies and procedures. In addition, s/he will act as safety & security focal point at the field level. This position will be based in Sumbawa Barat District in West Nusa Tenggara Province.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the team with organizing events and workshops.
- Implement a proper filing system for all the response / recovery operation documents, both electronically and in hard copies.
Day-to-day finance support
- Review payment request and settlements to make sure payment within the approved budget, within cost norms, and are appropriately supported by sufficient receipts/complete supporting documents and meet the requirements. And prepare the income tax calculation for each taxable expense in settlements.
- Organize with all staff to collect all payment requests and settlements with complete supporting document to send to Jakarta Office on weekly basis (every Friday).
- Facilitating release of working advances to staff and reviewing the advance liquidation reports, as well as providing guidance to staff on the advance procedures.
- Support Project Manager in updating project budget monitoring and forecasting based on YCP BVA.
- Manage General Advance/Petty Cash.
- General oversight over outstanding advances under project operation, including staff advances.
Office Administration Management, and Safety & Security
- Ensure bills of electricity, telephone, and water paid on time.
- Record field office asset inventory and kept up it up to date.
- Maintain office facilities and office supplies in a proactive and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure all office equipment is in working order.
- Support training or meeting activities; providing stationaries, venue, attendance sheets, etc.
- Manage relevant personnel administration (e.g. timesheet) for staff and contractors for timely submission to Jakarta office.
- Arrange accommodation and transportation of YCP staff or visitors.
- In coordination with Project Manager and Safety & Security Focal Point to ensure security and safety (including health protocols to prevent COVID-19) is in place, both at workplace and field activities.
- Other duties that may reasonably be assigned in line with the position.
- Coordinate with Procurement Jakarta Team for planning, managing, and providing advice on procurement activities, following rules, procedures and regulations.
- Ensure that all procurement activities adhere to YCP procurement policies and procedures
- Ensure timely, effective and accurate procurement activities.
- Review technical proposals of suppliers and carry out cost/benefit analysis.
- Evaluate offers and make recommendations for the finalisation of purchases and the award of contracts.
- Regular communication and updates on procurement status to program staffs
- Coordinate of purchased equipment.
- Support Operation Team in Jakarta for prepare technical and legal contracts (if needed).
- Manage and coordinate negotiations with all interested parties including vendor contract disputes and claims.
- Support Procurement Jakarta team to prepare reports and status of the procurement activity.
- Education, experience and technical competencies
- University degree in management, business administration, or related field.
- Three years’ experience working with I/NGO environment within administration and procurement and logistics.
- Understanding budget management and accounting skills.
- Very good computer skills, MS Office application especially excel.
- Knowledge of administration, procurement and logistics is desirable.
- Demonstrate working command of English and excellent Indonesian, both written and spoken are essential.
2. Personal attributes & competencies
- Demonstrated commitment to integrity and accountability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated the ability to effectively interact and work across unit, project and an effective team player.
- Have Customer service attitude, good representation and facilitation skills.
- Results-focused with ability to manage own workload proactively, with own initiative.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints, including capability to be flexible to respond to changing requirements.
- Committed to fostering respectful, collaborative, learning and empowering work culture.
- Commitment to values that YCP upholds, i.e. Integrity, Diversity, Equality, Excellence and Transformation. Commitment to gender equality and social justice.
- Commitment to Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy.
How to Apply
Please submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org at the latest by October 05,2023