The Zoological Society of London is an international wildlife conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic solutions. ZSL has been active in Indonesia for about 10 years, with a particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and biodiversity conservation. ZSL Indonesia is based in Bogor, West Java, with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera. We are now looking for:
ZSL Indonesia is a highly diverse programme with projects involving climate change, public-private-people partnerships, sustainable landscape management, in addition to species conservation (namely the Sumatran tiger), protected area management, and combatting wildlife crime.
The UKCCU/NICFI Project works with the Government of South Sumatra, national and district level governments, communities and the private sector to facilitate and support the government, private sector and local communities, to establish and pilot the sustainable landscape management partnership approach in the Sembilang-Dangku landscape of South Sumatra. The proposed impact of this project is to achieve “Inclusive economic growth and community prosperity, biodiversity conservation, forest protection and restoration, and the ending of deforestation, peatland drainage and wildfires that contribute to land-based Greenhouse Gas emissions”.
We are now looking for:
Terms and Condition
Start Date : February 2019
Duration of Contract : One-year fix- term Contract, with potential to extend
Duty Station : Palembang, South Sumatera (preference for local resident)
Reporting to : Operations Manager
Key Purpose of the Job
The Admin Assistant will support and assists Palembang – Operations Manager to ensure efficient operation of the Palembang office. He/she will responsible to support staff through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication, will communicate via phone and email ensuring that all administration tasks are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
Responsibility for Resources
The post-holder will report directly to Operations Manager, and indirectly to the Deputy Project Director.
Main duties and key responsibilities
1. Responsible to answer direct phone calls and administer the update contact phone list;
2. Assisting the organization of numerous workshops and meetings in Palembang and project area/s in terms of logistics preparation
3. Responsible to take note/minutes of meeting for operational unit coordination meeting;
4. Responsible of all office/guesthouse equipment and supplies (procurement, maintenance and repair, registration/insurance coverage)
5. Responsible to update calendar activities and appointments for the Operation Manager
6. Responsible to do inventory for office assets that include asset check physics and set up maintenance schedule for vehicles and equipment
7. To Ensure that all security arrangement (scheduling, overtime payment, invoice) are completed and paid in timely manner
8. To Coordinate with finance unit in Palembang for ensuring that all payment and documentation are complete and paid in timely manner
9. Responsible in maintain contact lists of partners, stakeholder, vendor, government;
10. Responsible to produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms;
11. Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports;
12. Responsible develop and maintain a filing system related with office and project documents
13. Responsible to order office supplies and sundries;
14. Responsible to book travel arrangements of the staff in line with the SOP;
15. Responsible to provide general support to visitors;
16. Responsible for secretarial administration tasks (e.g. photocopying, printing, binding etc.);
17. Provide a fully effective administration/co-ordination service to the team to ensure the team is appropriately supported to meet its project goals;
18. Responsible for updating and maintaining databases and administration systems, ensuring accuracy of inputting and reports.
19. Perform any other duties as required.
• The job requires continued professional internal and external interaction/ communications, both in person and via phone and email
• The position will require close attention to detail in all aspect of the project and therefore concentration on the work in hand – precision and accuracy being vital attributes.
• The position will be relatively routine in terms of day-to-day tasks during office hours – however sometimes e.g. during field trips or when a workshop is being organized the next day, some flexibility in working hours may be required.
• This post is office based in ZSL’s office in Palembang, West Java. However, travel to field sites and other ZSL offices will be required.
Qualifications & Experience
• A minimum of a diploma degree in Administration, Secretary
• Previous work in similar position
• Previous work for an international NGO desirable
• Proven administrative or assistant experience
• Previous work (directly or indirectly) with Government of Indonesia institutions would also be a strong advantage.
• Having Palembang Residential
Skills & Abilities
• Basic knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and priorities work
• Good level of competence in MS Office
• Good communications skills – able to express complex information in a simple and succinct manner;
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Self-starter, pro-active and uses initiative – can work independently and prioritize own work load;
• Preferably a high level of written and spoken English;
• Flexible and able to work under pressure and often to tight deadlines; including an ability to prioritize jobs;
• Highly motivated.
• Willing to work at any circumstances both independently or in a group, such as in remote areas with very limited facilities.
• Able to deal with tight schedule and unscheduled tasks, and target oriented
• Willing to travel extensively across the project sites in Indonesia