A position has become available within the Yogyakarta office of the Australian Consortium for ‘In-Country’ Indonesian Studies (ACICIS) for a Personal Assistant to ACICIS’ Resident Director and Deputy Resident Director. This is an entry-level position and would suit a recent graduate of a local university or secretarial academy with some experience. Please find below the position description. Interested applicants should submit a current CV and one-page statement (in English) addressing the selection criteria below at the latest by Friday, 29 September, 2017.
This is an entry-level position and would suit a recent graduate of an Indonesian university. The DPA reports directly to the Resident Director (RD) and the Deputy Resident Director (DRD). Duties to be performed by the Personal Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Arranging travel, visas and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with the director(s) to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations;
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing;
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
- Dealing with incoming email and post, often corresponding on behalf of the director(s);
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations in clear Word, PowerPoint or Excel summaries;
- Organising and attending meetings and ensuring the director(s) are well prepared for meetings;
- Liaising with clients, partners and secretariat staff, and maintaining an up-to-date database of contact information;
- Assisting the director(s) with other tasks when called upon to do so from time to time.
Working Hours and Remuneration
- The role is full time, 40 hours per week, with the understanding that the scheduling of program events means that the distribution of hours over the period of a week may be flexible. Standard work hours are 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday, with a one hour lunch break. Occasional out-of-hours’ work will be required during specific activities;
- The role will require occasional out-of-town travel to attend meetings and other events with the director(s) as required;
- The role will be remunerated at a competitive rate, commensurate with the applicant’s skills and experience.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree from an Indonesian university or secretarial academy with a sound academic record in a related discipline (eg. International Relations; Politics; English; Anthropology; Cultural Studies; Tourism; etc);
- Minimum one – two years of professional experience in a related position (eg. personal assistant at an international organisation);
- Professional level of English proficiency, and a willingness to develop this further as a part of the role;
- Computer literacy in using the Microsoft Office suite, social media applications; cloud services;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise a range of tasks;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and complete tasks to a high standard with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to achieve results in a timely manner.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Excellent cross-cultural communication skills and a willingness to learn about new cultures (prior experience working in international/ cross-cultural teams will be viewed favourably);
- A track record in working across time zones and across multiple locations will be viewed favourably.
In preparing your statement addressing the above selection criteria, please provide examples, where possible, of how you meet each criterion. Please visit our website: www.acicis.edu.au to learn more about our programs and the work we do before preparing your application.
Applications which do not include a statement against the Selection Criteria above will not be considered.
Completed applications can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Ms Ida Kusuma, ACICIS Assistant Office Manager
Subject Heading: ACICIS Directors’ Personal Assistant
By latest deadline: 5pm, WIB, Friday, 29 September, 2017